Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • MTB holidays with a small baby. Recommendations please.
  • t_i_m
    Free Member

My partner and I are tring to find a way of getting in a mountain biking holiday with a baby who’s currently 7 months old.
    Ideally we’d like to be able to both go mtbing each day, even if it’s only one at a time.
    So possibly looking for a bike friendly b&b/hotel, thats near a good trail centre (or area for mtbing), is baby friendly and possibly has a creche or child minder.

Anything in England/Wales would be good, although further south makes it easier for travelling.

Also looking for the same in the Alps for a week in the summer.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Simon_Semtex
    Free Member

If you want to splash the cash then check out “Kinder Hotels” Various locations in Europe and really baby friendly. Also try the “Cube” chain of hotels in Europe. (Yes, the same guys who make the mountain bikes.) Again, various mountain locations in Europe and all very kid and sport friendly. With both orgainisations you buy a hotel room and then a “child care package” entitling you to a set number of hours away from the little one.

We also have a small baby (9 months old) and are considering renting a chalet in Les Gets or Morzine with some biking/baby mates. That way we take our turn looking after the kids and all get a chance to ride.

ventanarider
    Free Member

I am thinking of taking my 11 month old with Sierra Cycling in spain. Good location for non cycling activities(based on the beach with pool)and plenty of options for half day riding etc.

Speeder

Also thinking about a similar trip to Morzine or the like in the late summer, though due date is a month away yet so that may be a tad optimistic. The plan for me will be riding every other day over 2 weeks with the rest of the time spent with wife and child but we’ll see how that pans out. I’m guessing we’ll have to rent a whole chalet as no-one will want to stay with us. ;o)

igm

Took our then 2 year old (OK almost 3) to Les Gets with two Orange Fives and a LOCT seat. Fine for green and selected blue and red downhill bits, including the 4X back into Les Gets.

7 months is probably a bit young to be on the bike on that kind of stuff though.

Speeder – sharing a chalet? Might do – are you guys the sort of people my wife, 4 1/2 year old and 1 day old are likely to fall out with?

t_i_m
    Free Member

thanks for all the suggestions

grazedknees
    Free Member

Neilson do excellent holidays and have kids clubs and mountainbiking

heihei

Hotel in Austrian Alps

Went to this place last summer. Kids loved it as did the wife, and I got to do quite a bit of biking.

For the UK, we’ve found self-catering the best way to mix biking and family hols.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘MTB holidays with a small baby. Recommendations please.’ is closed to new replies.