Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Mtb holiday suggestions for the start of December
  • ahsat

Ok guys…need some ideas! I finish my thesis soon and would really like to spend 4/5 days riding somewhere…prob is after a load of conferences and my partner shifts our first chance is the start of December. Any suggestions of good locations for then? And yes, New Zealand would be the best option…but our budget doesn't strech that far. Europe is kind of our limit at the moment.

Cheers

Bream
    Free Member

DH = Switch-BacksDH

XC = Switch-Backs

Will be there myself late Nov, love the place and riding with Switch-Backs is always a joy 8)

ahsat

Cheers Bream. Weather still ok late Nov/early Dec then?

Sorry, should have said we ride xc.

juan
    Free Member

Around here 😉

flatfish
    Free Member

I'm in Spain riding somewhere in between Christmas and new year.

Hth

rickmeister

Morocco…?

trailmonkey

Canaries ? Most of the islands have good riding.

alan-sierracycling
    Free Member

December temperatures can be surprisingly warm on the coast in Southern Spain. Occasional showers possible in Winter.
    Also flights into Malaga dirt cheap before the Xmas rush.
    Great singletrack rides during the day & lively night life on the coast at night.
    Check us out on http://www.sierracycling.com.

Bream
    Free Member

Cheers Bream. Weather still ok late Nov/early Dec then?

Oh yes, as Alan said really, temps perfect for riding but kit up to expect the occasional shower 8)

flatfish
    Free Member

^^^^
    that's who I'm. Riding with for a couple of days, sierracycling.

Trekster

sierracycling. It will be a bit warmer lower down than Bubion + you can get the train along to Malaga for a bit of shopping/sight seeing. Not a lot to do in the mountains but there again that is part of the experience.

Also depends on your biking experience?

Anthonyl84
    Free Member

Can highly recommend Freeride Spain – awesome.

gekkoman
    Free Member

Try us at http://www.mountainbikecyprus.com you can check out some reveiws on Gallery page 7 Flattyres.com and muddy moles.
    Weather is great and flights are cheap. enjoy.

juan
    Free Member

you guys do know you have all breached the forum rules don't you?

GlennG
    Free Member

Switch-Backs for sure, just got back from my fifth trip last week and love the people, place and trails, nov/dec weather will still be nice and probably a darn site better than here.

alan-sierracycling
    Free Member

"you guys do know you have all breached the forum rules don't you?"

Juan, Forum rule 2

2.No Trade or business advertising – except bona fide retailers may respond to genuine enquiries from potential customers.

Slacks
    Free Member

I can recommend Sierra Cycling. Very reasonable if your on a budget. Good trails and nice people.

MrSpoon
    Free Member

Check out the Canaries; guaranteed to be warm and sunny and the riding is not bad. Plus it’s pretty cheap and easy to get to.

Don’t get me wrong the majority of the riding is far from technical but miles and miles of dirt tracks crisscrossing the islands and all along the coasts its beautiful riding, plus with the odd volcano or two thrown in you will rack up the ascent/descent.

I've ridden Lanzarote (based out of Club La Santa) and Fuerteventura (Corralejo) several times and had a great time; but did on every occasion shred at least 1 tyre and picked up a puncture on almost every ride.

nasher
    Free Member

you guys do know you have all breached the forum rules don't you?"

Juan, Forum rule 2

2.No Trade or business advertising – except bona fide retailers may respond to genuine enquiries from potential customers.

Although not breaking the rules, but how many "holiday companies" that are constantly on here advertise with the mag or site?

ahsat

Cheers guys. Some really good suggestions. Will have a look and maybe a book up. Re riding experience I have been riding for a couple of years – Lakes, Scotland, Pennines, 7 Stanes (red and most of the black) – though my bike handling is sometimes a bit dodgy! My boyfriend seemingly can ride anything! I ride a 2008 Trek EX8 and he rides a Yeti 575 with Maverick DUC's.

rOcKeTdOg

alaska!

😉

ahsat

Lol! Thanks RocketDog – prob is, when I left 2.5 weeks ago, the snow was beginning to dust the mountains so by the start of December it is likely to be -20 and no so much fast flowing singletrack! Also, work won't pay for a jolly! Did want to ride while I was out there, but we just didn't have time! Grrrrr!

bristolpest

been with sierra cycling a couple of times , cant fault the riding , people or location and Ive been Pyrennees and Alps numerous times. For autumn/winter/spring cant be beaten – oh and they do advertis in the mag…

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Mtb holiday suggestions for the start of December’ is closed to new replies.