• This topic has 26 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by julzm.
Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Mtb holiday in February
  • transmission
    Free Member

Hi, Looking to go away in February for a weeks riding. Unfortunately we are a bit limited by the flights from Tromsø. At the moment we are looking at flight to Malaga, Alicante or maybe Nice. Been to Bubion for a week with Switchbacks a few years ago and looking for a similar set-up but they are not open in Feb. We also need someone that is flexible with dates e.g Wednesday to Wednesday instead of just Saturday to Saturday. Any recommendations? Thanks for your help.

andrew277
    Free Member

Unsure if you can get a flight to Madeira but these guys look good for year round riding. http://freeridemadeira.com

transmission
    Free Member

Thanks, I’ll check it out. Has anyone been to San Remo?

jota180
    Free Member
    toys19
    Free Member

ride portugal

rickmeister

How abouy Finale or Tennerife ?

alan-sierracycling
    Free Member

Based right on the beach with plenty of Winter sun to enjoy.
    Stunning singletrack rides with plenty of bus uplift during the day & fun après-bike on the coast at night.
    Just 480 Euros for a packed week!
    Any day to any day bookings just fine with us as we are just 20 minutes from the airport.
    Arrive before mid-day and we´ll collect you and have you on the trails just an hour after landing at Malaga.
    http://www.sierramtb.com fantastic biking since 1992

jekkyl

Wales!

transmission
    Free Member

@jota180 Have you been with Ciclomontana at that time of year, looks like they are based in the same area as Switchbacks?

Anyone know if the quality of the trail around Malaga compare to the Bubion area? We’re looking for long flowing singletrack with as little as possible fire road riding (down).

How about biking andalucia?

Thanks for all the help so far.

juan
    Free Member

Careful with Nice, you may ride with short sleeves, or wishing you brought your skis rather than your bike.
    If you end up in Nice give me a shout I’ll try to give you some pointers.

PhilC
    Free Member

Scotland!

We did a week in Feb this year and had a great time. Glentress in the snow – the kids loved it! Lots of slip sliding around, falling off and going back to a nice cosy cottage. Most of the time the trails were good, but the snow did make it interesting higher up for a couple of days.

Probably heading to Dumfries next Feb too!

Candodavid
    Free Member

Ciclomontana is far from fire road descending, you’ll have a great time, and the hosts are a great couple

Mbnut
    Free Member

I have a random week off in Decemeber.

Priced up driving to the 7 stanes and a welsh road trip… both came out hugely expensive.

A bit of research and I can get to Portugal for a few quid less including guiding/uplifts.

But I concur that making the most of the fantastic biking in the UK is a must.

I have done 4 Wales trips, 1 Scotland trip and assorted Peaks and other areas this year. Just fancy something different for a few days.

Looking for honest and considered feedback on SierraMTB.

transmission
    Free Member

@candodavid Ciclomontana looks good but a bit worried about the weather. Don’t Switchbacks stop riding there in the winter due to the snow?

Any tips for Finale?

transmission
    Free Member

looking for honest and considered feedback on SierraMTB.

This. Can’t find many good videos of the area near the coast they guide in and have read that thread…

Mbnut
    Free Member

@ transition

If you go to their website and hit the ‘more’ button ‘videos’ are under a sub heading.

Trails look a touch tame but like most trails they will get alot more interesting as the speeds go up.

Think I might push the button on this and then pop some feedback up…. hopefully of a positive nature.

Mbnut
    Free Member

Having just spent an hour or so watching the vids… I think it looks good…

Candodavid
    Free Member

Email Marco, I’m sure he can accommodate with trails lower in the mountain range, he’s been there for 20 years plus and knows it like the back of his hand

davidisaacs
    Free Member

We, bikingandalucia.com are lower down at Orgiva (400 metres) in the Sierra Nevada. You should be OK here with us.

alan-sierracycling
    Free Member

Looking for honest and considered feedback on SierraMTB

We have hundreds of verifiable comments on our guest book. http://www.guestbookcentral.com/guestbook.cfm?guestbook=52342
    Please feel free to ask any of these guestbook posters about their experiences with us.

cblair246
    Free Member

In a similar situation. Looking for a weeks riding in the last week of February. Would have gone back to Ciclo but unless they get another booking they won’t be running that week. Will be going on my own so looking for recommendations of places where being Johnny no mates won’t be an issue?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Oz or nz….

cblair246
    Free Member

Bit of a trek for a weeks riding but would if I could……

Sui
    Free Member

If I can’t get a snowboarding holiday over half term I might just pop down to Spain for a week…

cblair246
    Free Member

Sierra MTB fully booked the week I want to go 🙁

No one fancy a weeks riding with Ciclo, last week in February???

alan-sierracycling
    Free Member

Can’t find many good videos of the area near the coast

Here´a few of our videos filmed by bikers staying with us. Hope you enjoy them.
    MTB Sierra Videos.

P.S. February Southern Spanish coastal climate a lot warmer than inland.

julzm
    Free Member

We did a one day riding with sierra cycling when over visiting parents last January. We had a great day, met some friends who we’ve kept in touch with who were with them for a long weekend so seen some of their pics and the riding looked really good. We may use them again if we go back in March, although will take our own bikes this time.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Mtb holiday in February’ is closed to new replies.