Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • MTB holiday companies – serious money?
  • badnewz
    Free Member

Just wondering, do you know of any that make good money – more than just lifestyle businesses, which basically just support their owner to indulge their passion.
    I'm not looking to set one up btw.

MSP

In spain I would have thought it possible to have a decent standard of living, ie nice home, car and put some away for the future.
    If you can average 4 or 5 people a week, for 30 weeks of the year, paying 300+ euros each then it should be possible to make a decent living. Especialy if you were able to buy property when it was low price.
    It would take two or three years to establish, but if you are a good guide and provide good holidays then that seams perfectly feasable. And spain basicly has an all year season.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Cycle active staff always seem to be doing well for themselves! Went on their Morocco holiday and it was awesome, worth every penny.

Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

Its a tough one: I worked for Mountain Edge for two seasons, and as the second guide, I earnt enough to live in Austria, buy bike gear and pay for my flights. My boss, as the owner, made enough money to live comfortably, although he works as a ski instructor in the winter which I believe brought in more money than the bikes. He set up the company 8 years ago and says that the first two years are the toughest, but he never expects to make any more than a living wage. He wouldn't be in it if he thought any different.
    I think the bigger companies are a bit different, what with the economies of scale and all, but for the independent one-chalet businesses you're not going to get rich!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘MTB holiday companies – serious money?’ is closed to new replies.