Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • mtb handlebar widening bar end plugs extenders
  • danjthomas
    Free Member
    danjthomas
    Free Member

Anyone tried em..

dallas95
    Free Member

They’ll be fine. Get some. i made my own from cut offs from old bars and wooden dowling to jam in the bars. They are great as long as you use double lock on grips.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Rather your teeth than mine! You can get new bars for £30, and be at least slightly confident that they’re not going to snap!

jonestown
    Free Member

Hi, i’m the man behind these, so rather my teeth than yours. I’ve been using a set on the same bars for over three years now, pretty hard riding, all good. They don’t add enough leverage to weaken a handlebar – certainly not any MTB bar worth its salt. dallas95 has it right, in fact, when i sell out of my first batch i’m going to use some old brooms to make the next lot. cheers.

martinxyz
    Free Member

Was thinking about these earlier (although the talk was about shortening bars)

Never seen them before and I wouldnt hesitate to use them with lock-ons.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

jonestown, i’m curious about how they fit to bars? do bars need to have a certain diameter hole or a min diameter? I have some carbon bars that I’d like a bit wider, but the carbon is quite thick so the hole diameter is smaller.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I’m a notorious cheapskate, but I’d never risk these!

martinxyz
    Free Member

Why so scared? They are an inch. Not 5 inches.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I did something similar years ago. Used a lathe at work & turned down bit of alloy ti the ID of the bar, hammered them in to a set of EA70’s and off I went.

4 years later no one has died & they are on a mates bike now.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Why so scared? They are an inch

oh really? In which case, what’s the point?

jonestown
    Free Member

BA Nana, obviously there are lots of different ID’s on various bars, so these are machined more to fit most, so they should e fine. Lock on grips hold them steady so the only part in contact with the bars is rubber. I’m going to get more machined up with different diameters for different bars, just to complicate matters.

simonfbarnes, i get that you don’t appreciate the idea, but i think you’ve said your piece. wider bars can make a big difference to the way a bike feels and in this arena 50mm extra is a lot. I certainly don’t undertsand your negative attitude towards a product you haven’t tried and have no intention of trying, but if you ever fancy trying some wider bars feel free to drop 70quid on a pair, alternatively contact me and i’ll see what i can do.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘mtb handlebar widening bar end plugs extenders’ is closed to new replies.