• This topic has 10 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Sui.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • MTB group SW London / Surrey?
  • trub
    Free Member

Hi

I’ve moved to London and I need to find a new MTB group to ride with. Looking for a group that are reasonably quick as I want to do a bit of racing but more importantly are a good crack! Im in Clapham so need a meeting point in SW London or can train it to most places from Clapham Junction. Any ideas anyone?

thanks

Cheezpleez

Try Nirvana in Westcott or Cycleworks in Leatherhead. We do a Weds night ride starting 6.30ish from Nirvana and there are some quick boys among us (the bastards!). There is no craic, though – we are a right bunch of miserable gits.

gee
    Free Member

West Drayton MBC?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

muddy moles as well.

tunnel hill trolls but maybe not so convenient for the train, but they have some fit guys who race a bit, several army blokes who are paid to keep fit 🙁

trub
    Free Member

sorry for late reply! thanks very much for the suggestions i’ll join a few facebook pages and get out. im a right miserable git so nirvana sounds like my kinda people!

Sui
    Free Member

I concure with cheeze, the Nirvana 18:30 wed ride is quick, which is odd as they are all OLD MISERSBLE GITS, bloody fit though. Do you lot still do the Saturday/Sunday quick ride?

mattjg
    Free Member

Do you lot still do the Saturday/Sunday quick ride?

There’s a fast one Saturdays, 0930 I believe.

im a right miserable git so nirvana sounds like my kinda people!

You’ll feel right at home.

You’ll notice nobody bothers to ask your name the first few rides, newcomers tend to last about as long as Spinal Tap drummers so they don’t bother. If you stick it 3 or 4 weeks, then you’re in.

Sui
    Free Member

Oh i’ll also add, if you don’t want to go as far South as Dorking, you can always start from Ashtead from Bikebeans. The rides are not particularly quick by any stretch of the imagination, but you will get to ride with a local legend…… :mrgreen:

Sunday 08:00 for 3-4 hrs (ish)
    Tuesday 19:00 for 2 hours (ish)

Cheezpleez

There’s always a welcome from the Weds night crew…

mattjg
    Free Member

We should probably note that the Weds night crew are currently conducting research into rule 47. Results, after 12 years detailed study, are inconclusive so efforts have been redoubled.

Sui
    Free Member

What do you mean “currently” wed rides have always been a 9 hour pub crawl, with a certain mechanic spannering (did you see what I did there), himself on bos…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘MTB group SW London / Surrey?’ is closed to new replies.