Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • MTB goggles for a small face
  • tyredbiker
    Free Member

So I bought my urge down-o-matic and it’s a perfect fit with the extra padding supplied! It’s got a slightly smaller opening than many other full faces. The other day I tried on a friends Oakley O frame goggles (without the helmet as it unfortunately hadn’t arrived), and they were massive so now I’m trying to find goggles that fit nicely on my pea-head! Any advice?

Been looking at:

Oakley XS O frame http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mobile/MobileModels.aspx?ModelID=16143

Spy Optic Alloy. http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mobile/MobileModels.aspx?ModelID=33467

And Spy Optic Targa Mini http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mobile/MobileModels.aspx?ModelID=33470 (which states its for kids/youth. Any idea if these will be ok and can fit over my helmet?)

I would go look in shops and try them on but no one nearby stocks any so that is not a possibility! Limited money so can’t order lots and send the others back and no more that £35 for a pair! Any advice appreciated!

rocketman
    Free Member

Have some Spy Troopers and some MX O-Frames and neither of them are particularly small. The Spys are wider and not as tall as the Oakleys but still full-size goggles and if anything the Spys are more ‘moto’ than the Oakleys.

honourablegeorge

Electric do a set for small faces, the EG-5 (or EG-S, can’t remember which), I had them at one point

tyredbiker
    Free Member

Just looked up the Electrics and they are quite a lot more than I’m able to spend. And thanks rocketman, can’t believe there are goggles wider than the O frames! They were sticking out on the sides a lot when I tried them on!

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Spy do a kids version of the Targa.

rocketman
    Free Member

Yup the Spys are quite a bit wider than the Oakleys. The Oakley frames are in my peripheral vision but the Spys have a big clear field of view like a windscreen.

It’s difficult to find a helmet/goggle combo that works well. The Oakleys are low on my nose with a 661 Evo because they are tall and touch the upper inside edge of the helmet but with a Fox Rampage they are fine. The Spys are great with the Evo but not so good with the Rampage. But still better than the Oakley + Evo combo 🙂

Good luck & remember Chain Reaction’s returns are free!

gravity-slave
    Free Member

I’ve got some Dragon DXS goggles with brand new clear lens and compatible tear offs for sale if you are interested.

They are sold as ladies but also fit smaller faces.

White strap, blue frame – email if profile if you want pics.

dashed
    Free Member

Oakley youth?

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

I use the Targa Minis – fab wee set of goggles and fit really nicely inside my helmet (a D2 in small).

The anti-fog lenses are brilliant for them too.

Would recommend 100%

MadPierre

Get some kids ones. Usually cheaper too!

tyredbiker
    Free Member

How much would you like gravity-slave? And how quickly could you post them to surrey? Cheers littlegirlbunny, I reckon I will go with them if not gravity-slave’s! I was worried that they would only be big enough for really wee kids!

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Just seen this reply – drop me a mail and I’ll get you some info (photo, dimensions of frame, price, postage). Can get them in the post pretty quick once payment cleared.

Email phil at gravity-slaves dot co dot uk

legend
    Free Member

XS O frames are Oakley youth goggles. Fox Main Youth are another one that’s easily available.

Given that spares for a lot of kids goggles aren’t easy to come by I’d go for the Oakleys

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘MTB goggles for a small face’ is closed to new replies.