Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • MTB Glasses
  • matt23
    Free Member

Hi guys – apologies if this has been done!

Looking to upgrade the sunglasses – have Oakley Jawbones – no real complaints about them – worn and tired and the lens are all scratched so looking at either getting new lenses or replacing them. I normally wear clear or yellow lenses when riding – so it would be nice to change the lenses but not a necessity.

Anybody got any suggestions on some good riding glasses then?
    Budget of £150 MAX.

Cheers,

ahwiles
    Free Member

bolle bandido* safety glasses.

£4 a pair.

(*other models available, but i like these)

there’s no ‘frame’ so visibility is excellent – they even look good.

kimbers

im liking my endura guppies, about 40 quid

thepurist

Revant Optics or Fuse Lenses on ebay. New lenses for pennies.

Trekster

Just got some no names @ the local M&S outlet that are reputable shock/shatter proof etc for £14 and another pair of ordinary ones that are all uv protected etc for £3.50. That’s me sorted for a while. Got a habit of loosing, scratching and breaking glasses so no way am I buying any expensive branded gear. Most branded stuff doesn’t fit my face anyway, high bridge/large nose 🙄 so buy what fits regardless of looks…..

dknwhy

Oakley Radar. Are so clear that I’ve found myself checking that i’ve actually got them on 😳
    Have just ordered a Walleva replacement lens (£30) via Ebay so will be interested to see how it is compares to the original Oakley one.

kcal

Tifosi for me. Have (and still have) Oakleys – M-frames – but since getting some Tifosis from the LBS, they’re my glasses of choice.

choice of styles but more importantly fit – wife got a pair of Tifosis, I badgered her into going to try them on, she was surprised that they are not all the same fit!

jairaj

If you’re just after clear vision then the cheap safty glasses can be just as good as Oakleys. Just check they have UV protection and some sort of certification they are not made out of cheese.

Tried a mates pair of Oakley and couldn’t tell any difference in vision. The build quality, design and kudos points where much higher on the Oakleys.

I also have a set of Tifosi which again are nice but there is little if any performance difference between them and the saftey goggles.

RustySpanner

Was bought some Radars last year and I’m amazed at how much better they were than the Madisons I had before.

I have some cheap safety specs too, Bolle, Bloc, not sure.
    Very good, but I had to try on a good few before I found a pair that didn’t distort a little and were comfy for longer rides.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘MTB Glasses’ is closed to new replies.