Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • MTB Forums dying?
  • MrOvershoot

Edukator – Member

Kato here is the same yer-bik-is-sarricin fed from the other channel, without the attitude.

This is parhaps the heart of the problem, no IJs, no threats of real-life violence with meetings on car parks to sort out differences, no sending saucy SMSes to attractive forum members with hunky boyfirends, no north-south divide barnies at trail centres to liven up Monday-morning forum traffic, no debates on the joys of pink or brown, no rants about minorities well-known for thieving anything mobile especially if it’s made of metal… .

Edit: and death threats over debates on the best frame material.

Ahh those were the days eh John?

Logging onto BM to watch Dyl spiral out of control, often fueled by himself in the end!!
    Shame he couldn’t keep himself in check online as he was/is a good person in real life.

JoeBones
    Free Member

How many of you crazies are on twitter?

@weepetecole give us a follow

Edukator
    Free Member

In forum terms, yes, those were the days. No point crying over spilt milk though and I get a lot more DIY done these days. The same people are on here but ban-weary shadows of their BM-selves. Personally I’ve rediscovered the real-life conversation. You can be as politically incorrect as you like, slander all and sundry, have an opinion on headware, fart in everyone’s general direction… .

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Kryton57

Lol at the former bikemagic massive forgetting the contributions they made to its downfall.

You do remember your spiralling out of control which led to your BM demise eh John? Quite self righteous you were too if we are being honest weren’t you eh? And if me overshoot witnessed Dylan’s last spat – which was directed straight at me with absolutely no reason or provocation he’d have to be slightly addled himself to claim that Dylan was acting any where within the “normal” range.

These people seem to think its ok to insult & threaten on a forum to create entertainment then complain when that behaviour is missing / frowned upon – but are sadly missing when the time and effort is required to prop it up with some genuine and appropriate content.

It really demonstrates the type of people who contribute in that way and what they do to forums – hence STW’S tightening of the reigns lately….. Maybe if you had any dignity and thanks for the entertainment it gave you, you’d pop over there and help resurrect it.

Kryton57

Lets see how long Pete’s revival last eh.

Edukator
    Free Member

You missed the party but are living the hangover, Krypton.

Kato

Hello Pete!

mikesbikes71
    Free Member

Mtbe is a very friendly community forum with no magazine affiliations.
    It’s founder members are based in teeside so it does have quite an active north east membership who organise rides fairly regularly around the area however it’s popularity seems to be growing nationwide.
    I’ve been a member there for a couple of years with the odd post and participation in the group rides.
    I tend to have a guilty lurk here on singletrack as its quite a bit busier especially on non bike topics.

Kryton57

Edukator – Member
    You missed the party but are living the hangover, Krypton.

And your kind are busy pointing and laughing at the landlord who’s pub you wrecked yet are not willing to lend a hand to fix his business. You’ve just moved on to another pub haven’t you, except with STW you’ve found the rules are enforced harder – which is why Dylan doesn’t post here, which tells you a lot about his / his kind quite frankly.

Nobby

Hey Pete, sorry to hear the shite’s still going on.

Regarding the OP, I don’t think it’s just forums but the fine art of ‘banter’ is slowly dying. For a few years now, it’s been happening in the workplace & down the pub but folk had kept it alive on t’interweb. This is now being curtailed by changes in the law & the resultant tightening of website policies/management.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Lol there is a line a mile wide between banter and some of the rants and torrents abuse sent from behind a keyboard

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

JoeBones – Member

Munro biker, you will have to help me out. I have fallen down many garden walls pissed

Jeez, I still remember that night, especially me, my missus and your mate, Murray??, spending 20 minutes trying to convince you to get in my car for a lift to the B abd B you were staying in.

At the pace you were going you’d probably still be walking there now.

Hope the future brightens up for you, mate. Sounds like you’ve been through the grinder.

MrOvershoot

Kryton57 – Member
    Lol at the former bikemagic massive forgetting the contributions they made to its downfall.

You do remember your spiralling out of control which led to your BM demise eh John? Quite self righteous you were too if we are being honest weren’t you eh? And if me overshoot witnessed Dylan’s last spat – which was directed straight at me with absolutely no reason or provocation he’d have to be slightly addled himself to claim that Dylan was acting any where within the “normal” range.

I don’t think can claim to have made any contributions to BM’s downfall?

I think in all my time on the site (I joined in 98) I only ever posted 1 ranty post and that was @ Dylan over one of his brain farts.

The main reason I don’t frequent BM these days is its blocked @ work and since its “relaunch” its not the same.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

and they are all on holiday right now. Simples.

*ahem*

luke
    Free Member

BM has never been the same since the revamp, I still lurk occasionally but rarely post.

Interest and demands on time change plus a move to a job with limited internet access, which has since been rectifyed with another new job.

Nice to see a few of the old BM members pop up, and I can now put names to STW members.

Shame things are still not going well for you JoeBones.

Kato

I used to enjoy the banter. I left long before it started to slide though. I did pop back on after they’d revamped it but didn’t like the new style forum. Shame but times move on

Nice to see some old faces mind you!

JoeBones
    Free Member

I am still lost as to who Chukymtb is, dangerousbeans, thanks for the lift and the craic.

I am slowly rebuilding, two new businesses started this year and working for a shit wage totally beats the dole!

JoeBones
    Free Member

As for ‘Murray’ I sent him a text yesterday, will catch up with him soon.

I have become addicted to this over the last two years as I have no MTB’s anymore Les Mills Group Exercise I lost 3 stone and have never been fitter. Helped me deal with the mental trauma of what I have been through.

I was looking at bikes yesterday and would love one but no can do for the time being.

On the upside I now have an amazing girlfriend and both my parents who are fit and well.

Sometimes you just gotta be glad for what you have…….

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘MTB Forums dying?’ is closed to new replies.