Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • MTB Coast to Coast
  • timdavies

Has anyone on here tried to do it in 24hrs? or got any experience of short duration attempts?

Fancy doing something a bit different next summer, is this an insane idea?

maccruiskeen

coast to coast where? there are losts of coast to coast routes. At Mavis Grind the Atlantic and North Sea are only 30 yards apart, think I could easily nail that in 24hrs

cycles2go
    Free Member

Did Whitehaven to Newcastle a couple of years ago in a couple of days, I’m sure its quite do-able in a day if you go for it.

We met a couple of guys doing the same route on cyclocross bikes that were motoring along quite well.

timdavies

I was thinking St. Bees to Robin hood bay (Tim Woodcock route)

the-muffin-man

I was thinking St. Bees to Robin hood bay (Tim Woodcock route)

Unless you’re some sort of cycling superman I’d say this was impossible to do in 24 hours.

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

Rich Rothwell has done it in 28.5 hrs or so. It’s on my list to do as a oner but my target is 32-36 hrs.

google rich rothwell coast to coast or something and you will find his blog.

timdavies

Wow, that’s quite a read. I’m not a cycling superman, but I’m pretty good at detaching my brain and keeping on riding.

24hrs is clearly beyond me based on that account, but in one go still sounds like “fun”.

anotherstan
    Free Member

i quite fancied attempting this route in a one-er, but didn’t get much uptake from the folks i ride with.
    as ‘supersessions’ already stated, i think it’s more of a 36hr thing than 24.

i’m off to check out that blog 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘MTB Coast to Coast’ is closed to new replies.