Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • MTB clubs – finding them
  • singletracksurfer

are there any websites around for finding clubs (i’m in the South East)?

looked at a few (inc. cycle-route, British cycling, thecyclepeople) but most seem to be out of date or for roadies.

Thanks.

wwaswas

most have a web presence now so Google will pick up most.

if you’re looking for something local then ask in the LBS’s.

any particular area of interest?

Klunk
    Free Member
    rewski
    Free Member

muddy arse – sussex based
    nirvana cycles in dorking do group rides

Trekster

if they are affiliated they should be listed on the BC site

Trimix
    Free Member

Not all riding is via a club, you may find lots of groups of mates who just ride and dont do it via a club.

Stick up a post asking for riding buddies in your area and see what happens.

smogmonster

IME clubs are for weirdos. As Trimix says, stick a post on here for your area, someone will let you tag along no doubts. No form filling, invites, rules, regulations, schedules, behaviour codes and all the rest of the associated anal-retentiveness that usually ensues with clubs and their megalomaniacal leadership.

As i say IME..im sure some contain normal people. Just not round here.

wallace1492
    Free Member

We have a Meet Up Group. Not a club as such, just a group of like minded people that like to ride. All free, great concept, and nearly free of all the rules and regulations that a formal club has, yet with all the camaraderie and banter that we all love. (do insist on helmets and a safe bike!)

We also cater for all levels of ability from beginners nights to advanced red and black options.

singletracksurfer

yeah, was looking for ‘less formal’ type clubs. LBS only does road rides.

Doh! Had been looking on BikeRadar for that club list – it’s on Bike Magic. Knew I had seen something a while ago.

Thanks.

belugabob
    Free Member

+1 for Muddy@rse.

No real rules as such – just a great bunch of people who go riding together.

rewski
    Free Member

IME clubs are for weirdos

And this forum isn’t? Myself included of course.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘MTB clubs – finding them’ is closed to new replies.