Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • MTB clothing – what do you recommend as hardest wearing/most durable?
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

I will kick off with the best shorts i own (and have done for 4 years) that are worn on and off the bike:

Endura Zymes

What is your harest wearing item?

jedi

my dakine shorts and bushpilotbiking top

Stoner
    Free Member

Endura singletracks for me.

sambob
    Free Member

I’ve had my s-works jersey 4 years, still superb condition.

ton

mt bora shorts
    mountain warehouse cycling tee shirt

househusband

Ground Effect shorts and Krank Dirtwear tops, both Kiwi.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Another one for Dakine shorts, as good as new after a years hard use. Got a Ground Effect Submerino top that is holding up well, a few bobbles from bramble attacks but it is my go to top.

LoCo
    Free Member

Fox DH baggy shorts over bibs, lasted years and lots of heavy crashes, just filled out a bit so don’t fit anymore 😳
    also Howies NBL merino base layer

.duncan
    Free Member

Dakine 8 Track shorts, worn for two years used around 4 times a week still look as new!

MrSparkle

Buffalo windshirt like this:

Just over 20 years out of it so far and not even looking worn. Also a pair of really horrible Diadora spd shoes that are a good 15 years old. Relegated to commuting use but still completely intact.

amphibian
    Free Member

+1 for Ground Effect Submerino. Just keeps on going ride after ride. No signs of wearing out, unraveling stitching etc.

mlke
    Free Member

Rapha – perfectly spiffing for the gentleman mountaineer bicyclist. Hmm ok p’raps not.

brakes
    Free Member

some Scott DH shorts
    years old and have survived a few heavy crashes as well as being used daily – a little bit warm and one of the pocket zips needs re-stitching – if anyone knows where I can get another pair let me know

ihypnotyx
    Free Member

Fox 360 DH shorts – a bit long but feel like they’ll never tear

hectorshouse
    Free Member

endura zyme shorts,glad i like these as they don’t look like they’ll ever wear out.ever.had to fit extra couple of popper things to stop gut escaping though.appear to be indestructible.
    paramo velez smock.best top ever for almost anything.sensible,useful pockets and vents,laughs at brambles and thorns,permanently reproofable and looks likely to last forever.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Assorted DH-weight shorts. Shame they’re not too comfortable for pedalling in.

Original MT500 jersey with the mesh on the sleeves.

6 year old Gore Tool softshell – used it for commuting 4 months of the year, 5+ days a week. Still as windproof and water resistant as when I got it. Just a bit faded and grubby now.

My Dainese safety jacket. About 6 or 7 years old now and has kept me out of hospital on some pretty serious crashes. Looking for a replacement for this summer though.

Skyline-GTR
    Free Member

Jeans and a T shirt. All the pro riders on the more popular vids wear them mostly, so they must be the most hard wearing and suitable technical apparel. 😀

samuri
    Free Member

I had some Kona shorts that lasted ten years. Awesome.

Longest lasting piece of clothing I have now is an one-one slinky undershort, it’s great. Had that about 9-10 years too.

Plus the original singletrack Jersey’s are still my most worn shirts and are in excellent condition. Probably about seven or eight years old.

avdave2

Ron Hill Bikesters.

Come Armageddon all that will be left will be bikester wearing cockroaches.

kiwijohn

Ground Effects Cadence fleece. Bought in 96.
    Rock Shox wind breaker from 97.
    They both have a matching hole in the back where a branch went through them.

Haze

+1 for Howies NBL, still going strong after 3+ years.

Singletrack shorts are also proving pretty durable, only been 2 years though…

flebby
    Free Member

Oakley baggy ish shorts with built in padded liner. The material they’re made from is super tough but the liner makes them very comfortable. Lasted 4years so far and the pad is still going strong :-0

Harry_the_Spider

Endura Humvees and some On-One 3/4 bibs that I’ve had for eons.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

ground effect sub merino + however many…

and the baked alaska too

oh, and their 3/4s with fleecy knees.

top stuff.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Kona baggies I have had for around 8 years they are bomb proof.

love
    Free Member

denim and leather

vondally
    Free Member

Roach baggy shorts….still looking good….best gear without doubt
    ground effect submerino but really on last legs or arms
    cannondale fleece gilet with headshok face on rear
    lab gear polartec jersey
    buffalo pile shirt ……..18years old

Suggsey
    Free Member

Endura Zymes 3/4’s material still going strong, but elastic has now disintergrated from repeated washes so now wear them with braces (all my baggies in fact as all the poppers release under my gut pressure and I get fed up with hiking them up or catching on the saddle when off the back-long live braces 😆
    As for top a zip front Howies merino base that they dont do anymore-bad show Howies. its been worn to death, ripped on brambles and darned and is still my favourite riding jersey for all but baking hot summer days (as everyone can tell I am a scruffy tramp with all that darning).
    Overall most durable without doubt are my Woolie Boolie socks wear them 18/7 for the past 10 years.

ian martin
    Free Member

I take it that most of you guys don’t ride in wet muddy conditions?
    Ive worn out a lot of the clothes you’ve mentioned including my Endura zymes.
    My shorts all wear out where they rub with my saddle.

Junkyard
    Free Member

They may have heard of mudguards?

vondally
    Free Member

me northern = rain = mud + grit = gritty paste = kit destruction

wasted enduras in no time literally 3 rides.

seal socks crap

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I take it that most of you guys don’t ride in wet muddy conditions?
    Err…yes I do. Try a Raceguard, saves a FORTUNE in worn out shorts & Germoline for an arse like a Japanese flag. (cue the, ‘you look like a fairy with a mudguard on’). Crack on then.
    Back to the OP, Buffalo windshirt, 20 yr old with a tear on the arm from a barbed wire fence, & thats the only mark on it.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘MTB clothing – what do you recommend as hardest wearing/most durable?’ is closed to new replies.