Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • MTB Booby Trap at Hamerstly Descent Bike Park?
  • geetee1972
    Free Member

Thanks Spoon. I remember the article about piano wire.

What about Mushroom Man, what’s that all about?

neilthewheel

Mushroom Man – when we were first building trails at Hamsterley, and were finishing work on the Grove Link, somebody kept sabotaging the trails, using a crowbar to destroy stone features and so on. Eventually some of the Trailblazers organised a stake-out and caught the guy red-handed. When the police questioned him he said the trails were damaging his mushroom picking areas. (This wasn’t true). Anyway, this was a few years ahgo. Maybe he’s come back. 🙁
    I agree comments by the likes of Matthew Parris and J. Clarkson are not helpful. Of course they’re being tongue in cheek and post-modern and aren’t they outrageous ha ha ha. Unfortunately there are people who are not bright enough to understand and they take them at face value. Then you get this kind of stuff happening.

chakaping
    Free Member

Surely setting potentially fatal mantraps is a pretty serious crime?

You would think attempted murder would be treated quite seriously.

No different to when kids lob concrete blocks off motorway bridges, so I would hope it’s being treated with the same urgency.

It would also help for the police to make a big fuss about it being attempted murder to make whoever was responsible aware of the possible consequences of their actions.

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘MTB Booby Trap at Hamerstly Descent Bike Park?’ is closed to new replies.