Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • MTB bits off ebay vs for sale forum on here (or PB)
  • santacoops
    Free Member

If everyone selling second hand bits on ebay came on here or pink bike and GIVE ME A PRICE TO BUY… i would… am i on my own with this? Cannot be arsed with waiting to see if i win.

jekkyl

again in English please.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

If folks on here would offer reasonable money, I would. It’s a shit place to sell….

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Depends what you;re after; I don’t mind waiting to see if I win, cos sometimes you get a bargain.

If you’re after something in a rush, then don’t use ebay, cos you’ll probably end up paying over the odds with a desperate bid.

Some of the prices on here are stupid though; I enquired about some SRAM rival bits today; the seller was asking near new prices for used stuff. About double what they usually sell for on ebay. IMO, forum stuff should be cheaper than ebay.

jekkyl

I’ve had prices on here consistently lower than ebay, I guess some people just have lots of money and like to help a brother out.
    The wanted pages have proced most successful for me.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

It’s difficult. There’s a totally binary response to sale ads in the classifieds here. 60% of classifieds posters want either eBay prices, or expect people to way over the odds for stuff. In this case no one responds – and the sellers keep optimistically reposting the same old crap at the same prices for weeks..

90% of the people on here are probably quite tight bastids (myself included! 😆 ). Hence, when reasonable stuff is actually priced keenly – a single classified ad can suddenly feel like feeding time for a pack of hyenas. The thing that bugs me then is a sense that some classifieds only forumites probably pick up keenly priced stuff like this – and turn it over on eBay for a profit.. 🙁

It’s not anything like the good old days (pre-2008 ish), when you had the sense that this forum was a small online community of bikers using the classifieds (or wanted ads) to help out other bikers (and get rid of their unwanted kit in the process).

As to what the OP is actually on about? I haven’t the foggiest. 😆 But I thought I’d add my tuppence..

chakaping
    Free Member

I do all my eBay selling with BIN now, as I know people don’t want to wait a week and I don’t have to deal with all the “what’s your BIN?” questions.

Despite using “best offer” as well, I still get a few morons hard-bargainers asking “what’s your best price on this?”.

😀

136stu
    Free Member

^ This.

I have an item on eBay at the moment with BIN or Best Offer – it has 3 people watching it! What do they think is going to happen?

grahamt1980

I have found pinkbike to be much more sensible. Hardly ever buy from the classifieds on here now

chestrockwell

I have an item on eBay at the moment with BIN or Best Offer – it has 3 people watching it! What do they think is going to happen?

Waiting to see if you sell so they can price their own item? Watching a few so might buy yours if they miss out on another? Waiting until payday or until they sell something to fund your item? Waiting until it’s been up for ages with the hope you’ll accept a low offer before the auction ends?

Pinkbike is decent for selling and eBay is good if you just want something gone. I find this place has sellers that expect a fortune and buyers that expect items to be free. Everything has a market value that can be researched with little effort but that seems to be witchcraft to most people on here.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘MTB bits off ebay vs for sale forum on here (or PB)’ is closed to new replies.