Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • mtb batteries – V2 or Lumenator?
  • enigmas
    Free Member

Sorry for the ‘what lights’ thread!

I’m after a new light and i’ve narrowed it down to these two.

Anyone got any views on which one to get? I’d like to use it on the bars with a leynze macro drive on the helmet.

Has anyone had any experience using either on the road as well? I find my macro drive is fine for the weekly club rides and open unlit roads but i’d like something a little brighter for twistly county lanes. On the lower settings would the above lights be alright or would the wide beam blind everyone coming the other way?

Kryton57

If you have the option of both, the Lumenator. At 70% you are getting 10hrs runtime at 1400 lumens approx. Add to the fact the beam is a mixture of flood/spot rather than a more focused spot on the cheaper light and you have a very useful trail light.

ricardo666
    Free Member

Did the red run at llandegla for the first time with a v2 plenty power/ battery life. could do with another on the lid thou.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    soobalias
    Free Member

i have absolutely no need for the awesome power of the lumenator.

so thats the one i would buy.

the newest light in my thursday night group is the V2, very good, nicer, brighter, smaller, better than the V1s and similar DX’s the majority of us have…… but the guy currently with the smallest light, hes buying the lumenator. Its a pissing contest at the end of the day.

Northwind

Lumenator looks like an excellent bit of kit, well priced too (I haven’t seen one in the flesh yet). Considering the price difference, hard to argue for the V2 IMO.

V2 is a good wee light and the best single-XML I’ve seen (most are excessively spotlighty) But I wouldn’t pay the asking price for it personally.

Vortexracing

Is the liberator the same as the DX one?

noticed the one in this months WMB and they look like the liberator

whatnobeer
    Free Member

I’ve got a lumenator and its a great wee bit of kit. Really nice beam, super bright, lots of flexibility with the 4 modes and its very easy to mount and weights very little. No experience of the V2, but the Lumenator is recommended by me,

Northwind

Vortexracing- not the same, but some similarities.

hitman
    Free Member

anyone know how much the lumenator weighs and if it’s light enough to run as a helmet mounted light?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘mtb batteries – V2 or Lumenator?’ is closed to new replies.