Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • MTB Batteries Lumenator…is it ok on the bars?
  • dingabell
    Free Member

Looking for a new light and I’m pretty sure I want to try Smudge’s Lumenator. Reading through other posts, it seems that most people mount it on their helmet. I have an Exposure Diablo for that, so was going to put it on the bars. Does anyone else use it on their bars, and is it any good? Also what weight for light plus battery? Cheers.

tomhoward

It’s fine, I’ve done it a few times , not sure on weight tho. Not lots.

mactheknife

No idea about the weight but the battery is pretty substantial, In my mind thats a good thing as you obviously get a lot more runtime.

I mount mine on the bars and its an amazing light. I used mine recently on the Innerleithen Day / Night Enduro and with a Joystick on my head i dont thimk you could ever need anything else. But as the battery is pretty big i had to use a couple of cableties to make sure it didnt bounce around all over the frame. But it was a very bouncy course.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I used to ride with bar and helmet light. Since getting the lumenator, I now only use it on my noggin. Tis plenty bright.

saladdodger
    Free Member

I use a luminator on the bars ( battery pack just weighted at 350g = 1/2 a bottle of water) and a XLM V2 on my bonce shed loads of light and I do not use the luminator on full cos there is no neeed

The luminator has quite a spread of light where as the V2 is more of a spot light and they complement each othere nicely

Smudge at mtbbatteries will supply smaller battery packs if required just ask him

dingabell
    Free Member

Cheers guys. Just weighed my old Light and Motion battery and it’s about the same so that’s fine. Think I’ll give the Lumenator a go.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘MTB Batteries Lumenator…is it ok on the bars?’ is closed to new replies.