Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • MTB around Shropshire
  • astura
    Free Member

So, im looking for something new – maybe somewhere I haven’t tried. I don’t care if its just a few trails in some woods but is there anywhere else I can go to?
    List of places I have already been:

Wrekin
    Ercall
    Haughmond
    Eastridge
    Hopton
    Nesscliffe
    Mynd (quite a few of these)
    Wenlock

Is there anything else?

astura
    Free Member

Bringewood aswell

Clee Hill

astura
    Free Member

is there anything pre-built at clee hill?

astura
    Free Member

im ideally after some runs with a few jumps in etc

There’s the old quarry at Titterstone Clee with a few short, but scarily steep, drops and a few lumps you could launch off, but it’s not my sort of thing, so I don’t know how it compares with what you’re looking for

astura
    Free Member

No that’s fine, il take a look at some youtube videos

cakefacesmallblock

Don’t know where you are in Shropshire, but you could maybe try Ribbesford Woods on the edge of Wyre Forest ?

Small but different.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Ironbridge? Not enough for a complete ride but can be incorporated into a Wrekin day.

astura
    Free Member

Never been over Ironbridge what’s therecand where abouts?

astura
    Free Member

Ribbesford done too

RoterStern
    Free Member

Never been over Ironbridge what’s therecand where abouts?

Head over the bridge onto the Broseley side and head along the track next to the river until you get to the power station and the follow the steepish trail up to the top of the gorge and then there are one or two trails to play on which bring you back down to the bridge through the woods.(At least there used to be!)

olly2097
    Free Member

Candy woods oswestry.

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Nescliffe has some good trails with drops and steeps. Grinshill too.

jakd95
    Free Member

Bringewood
    Mortimers Forest
    Clee Hill (Brown + Titterstone)
    Caradoc/Hope Bowdler Hill/Lawley/Ragleth
    Stiperstones

Most of that is natural stuff but you’ll find plenty of old downhill tracks around Ludlow (Mortimers/Bringewood) from all the Pearce Cycle events

timpol
    Free Member

Also interested in this, what’s up on the Wrekin?

timpol
    Free Member

Anyone?

monkeychild
    Free Member

I live outside of Telford and still haven’t been to the wrekin. Apparently about half way up there are some trails that scoot off.

dekadanse
    Free Member

Bury Ditches?

RoterStern
    Free Member

As for the Wrekin there was a downhill track shooting off near the top by the transmitter station but I’m not sure if it was closed down. There are also some tracks if you follow the track to the left as you come downhill towards the half way house and lastly it looks like someone has built a new downhill track starting from near the top on the Ironbridge side if some of the youtube videos are to go by. Oh and lots of trails on the Ercall but you have to be a bit careful as strictly speaking you are not allowed to ride them.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘MTB around Shropshire’ is closed to new replies.