Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • MTB around Dyce?
  • TheFlyingOx

I’m working in the office next to Aberdeen airport next week and was just wondering if it’s worth taking a bike with me. Any decent trails within cycling distance?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Kirkhill

dahedd
    Free Member

Kirkhill is right on your door step. Nice & easy for an evening’s ride. Used to go all the time when I lived in . Aberdeen. I’ve been told its improved a lot since I moved north.

elsewhere in Aberdeen there’s some stuff at Countesswells & Hazelhead. Then there’s Pitfichie out past Inverurie or Fetteresso down at Stonehaven & brand new trails at Tarland.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bruneep

Depends what you are wanting/expecting. Where are you staying?

I ride mostly Kirkhill/elrick/Brimmond hill email me if you want info

No marked trails as such just lots of trails criss crossing Kirkhill/elrick/Brimmond hill they’re not hard to find.

Countesswells/Hazelhead I wouldn’t bother with

Fetteresso/Swanley they’re gonna be sloppy, bit of a soul destroyer if you’re not expecting that.

Pitfichie is not to bad, a few trails off the main trails that are worth doing.

dskelly81
    Free Member

Scolty / Hill of Gouach is great and 30 minutes from Dyce

metalheart
    Free Member

Bear in mind that its pitch black by 8.30 these evenings…

Kirkhill is obviously closest, then Scolty probably. I prefer Scolty personally but then I can ride from the house…

Would expect trails to be pretty dry at present after all the nice weather we been getting of late!

daviek

A loop around Bennachie maybe?

ChrisL

If you want something within cycling distance of Dyce then Kirkhill becomes the most obvious choice by far – it’s almost literally next door.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘MTB around Dyce?’ is closed to new replies.