Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • MTB 30mph uphill – hacked electric?
  • root-n-5th
    Free Member

Thought I’d share this.

Coming from Chessington to west Ewell this morning in car, I spotted an old specialized MTB in my mirrors. I got up to 30mph and he’s still there, not pedalling. Up hills he’s still filling my mirrors, not pedalling. I even noticed him braking to slow down.

He didn’t come past me when I stopped at the lights annoyingly, but noticed some suspicious wires coming out of a back pack.

What is this thing upon which the rode? Was there devilry at play, or just a hacked electric bike with a big battery?

It did seem a bit wobbly at that speed though.

tomhoward

hacked electric bike with a big battery?

Correct, there were some early, bolt on, systems that has the battery in a (ridiculously heavy) back pack

Saw a trade stand version on a v10 in whistler, the rep/boss wasn’t keen on us testing the weight of the bag!

Obvs, totally illegal…

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

You sure it wasn’t “blow air mountain biking”?

😀

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f9HZa34yO0[/video]

jam-bo

Maybe it was one of those STW heroes that chase down and drop the local roadie chaingang on their mtb’s…

bencooper
    Free Member

I built an electric Dirtsurfer once, with a backpack battery. That was very silly…

zippykona

I’ve seen him a couple of times going through Cheam.
    Not a lot of road sense.

wilburt
    Free Member

Theres an ad that pops up on youtube for a plug in box (matchbox size) that derestricts them, from memory it suggests 30mph.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘MTB 30mph uphill – hacked electric?’ is closed to new replies.