Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • MT19 Italian Rims. What do you know?
  • GiantJaunt
    Free Member

I've know a few people who use these and swear by them for all mountain but I can't find any info on them. Anyone know what they weigh or had experience of them? Cheers.

dmoffitt90
    Free Member

Have some built on to hope xc hubs, they are a little heavier than mavic but for the price I can't fault them. I use them for xc had them on for a good while now and never had any issues .

dmiller
    Free Member

My local wheelbuilder uses them. I have only bent one and that was when a car hit me at 30 odd. Very good value for money.

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

Ok thanks. I have one on the front and it seems fine. My local wheel builder uses them too so I'm looking to get a new rear wheel built for not too much. Can anyone recommend a good fairly light rear hub that will last and not cost loads?

dmiller
    Free Member

Are you buying from wheelcraft? I notice your in scotland? If so just ask big al. He's never given me bad advice about wheels! 🙂

dmoffitt90
    Free Member

I got my wheels from wheel craft aswell i think big al's advice seems to have somthing to do with what he has in stock at the time 🙂 he wouldnt sell you rubbish though as he ends up having fix repair it further down the line. As for rear hubs i would have said pick up a 2nd hand hope xc off of Fleabay, they last forever it seems and are easy to service.

balfa
    Free Member

See http://www.drc.it/catalogo/

The website is shocking!

I can't remember which rim it is but one of them has the exact same profile as the mavic d521/ex721 but a bit lighter. Al at wheelcraft seemed to think they were just as strong too. Never got one on the end though.

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

Are you buying from wheelcraft? I notice your in scotland? If so just ask big al. He's never given me bad advice about wheels!

Yep you guessed it! I will go and consult the oracle.

spock
    Free Member

superstar hubs are very very good value

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘MT19 Italian Rims. What do you know?’ is closed to new replies.