Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Mt Zoom components…
  • DT78
    Free Member

Anyone had any long term use? Do you rate them? Reliable?

In particular I’m looking at carbon bars, seem a decent price / weight.

matther01
    Free Member

Got a pair of zoom carbon risers…super stiff and pretty impressed considering the weight. They also do half price crash replacement too.

I looked at some of the previous threads on here and one lad was using them without issue on an orange alpine.

Not sure why folks dont mention them more. I think the low weight scares people off.

One slight niggle is that i have ti run my LEV remote with the odi grips as the clamp wont stick to the bar…but KS is partly to blame.

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

I’ve used the riser carbon bar for a year now. It’s been raced and is currently on a rigid singlespeed which is a heluva test for a bar.
    No problems and very light indeed. Have no hesitation in recommending them.

Jason
    Free Member

I have been using a set of their flat carbon bars for about a year now. Very happy with them, and they have stood up to the use very well.

DT78
    Free Member

Do they help dull trail buzz a bit compared to alloy bars?

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

Absolutely. There is a visible amount of give in them when pushed hard.

dantsw13

Used Mt Zoom carbon risers on my heckler in the alps last year – very happy. The carbon at the ends is noticeably thinner that my Answer pro tapers, but they seem strong enough.

robowns
    Free Member

I want some of the xl risers, anyone got any pics of theirs on their bike?

njee20
    Free Member

Had some of their risers for a couple of years, great bars. Their skewers are far better than most lightweight ones too. Decent kit.

DT78
    Free Member

Thanks all, I’ll give them a try. As a bonus I like the lightning bolt graphics too.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Do they help dull trail buzz a bit compared to alloy bars?

theyre laterally stiff whilst being vertically compliant, and bring the trails to life. 🙂

mrblobby
    Free Member

Tempted by a set of bars. Are the quoted weights accurate (looking at xcracer shop)?

barrykellett
    Free Member

Great kit
    have raced two sets of bars, have the wide flat one on my canyon 29er now

Nezbo
    Free Member

I’ve had a couple of flat carbon bars, but found them a little bit too flexy for my weight (at the mo 120kg) but they never snapped on me so must be fairly strong 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Mt Zoom components…’ is closed to new replies.