Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • MSA PSA – World Cup Downhill resumes tomorrow (Sat)
  • nickc

Fantastic Race, only a matter of time before Loic gets his first win. Totally amazed by the way Ratboy just seems to cruise along, but smashes the times!

Myriam straight back into 3rd after her injury. Perhaps she’ll give arch a run for her money (someone has too!)

Speeder

Watched it last night and concur it was a great race and really pleased to see Josh back on form.

The Chris Porter/clutch mech thing though is bobbins – all Gwinn did at that race was what Ratboy had been doing all year. Laying of the brakes and pumping.
    I’d love to see the testing that backs CP’s claims up but I expect it’s just more BS.

chakaping
    Free Member

Manon does seem to be suffering from the curse of the rainbow stripes – be interesting to hear her take on it.

To be fair to Rachel, she really hated getting beaten last year and has come back all guns blazing this year – and Manon was rarely a match for her anyway when she was fully fit.

My money is on Rachel blitzing the WC and World Champs this year and then maybe leaving the sport on a high.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    P-Jay
    Free Member

chakaping – Member

Manon does seem to be suffering from the curse of the rainbow stripes – be interesting to hear her take on it.

To be fair to Rachel, she really hated getting beaten last year and has come back all guns blazing this year – and Manon was rarely a match for her anyway when she was fully fit.

My money is on Rachel blitzing the WC and World Champs this year and then maybe leaving the sport on a high.

Retiring at 27? I doubt it!

chakaping
    Free Member

She has previously spoken a couple of times about being interested in moving to track cycling and I believe she’s done some testing with BC.

Seems a bit tight for Rio 2016 but she’d still be young enough for Tokyo 2020 if all went well.

deviant
    Free Member

Shanaze Reade and Rachel Atherton tear up the Team Sprint in the 2020 Olympics….awesome, wonder if it’ll happen!?….didn’t Reade win World Champs gold with Pendleton a few times in that event?

fr0sty125
    Free Member

IMO Rachel was ill/under the weather for most of last season now she is back to fitness. I would like to see her, Neff, ACC battle it out in the EWS with T-Mo.

Stevet1
    Free Member

Great result for Bryceland should be great for his confidence (if he was lacking any!) that his injuries have not slowed him down. I’m always confused by Hart, he looks fast, seems to do everything right but ends up going backwards down the field – is it because he’s a smaller guy and over the longer WC courses that makes a difference in how much he can pump etc – sort of the opposite of Ratboy?

Edit – can someone please give me a link to the series points stamdings etc, the one on the UCI site seems to include last years results as well as UK BDS etc?

http://www.uci.ch/mountain-bike/ranking/

mikewsmith
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKVdLOHCZKY&list=PLKBmmHsu3RhRb7GQuDXbGNgRi_zaH3esX[/video]
    Some really interesting stuff out the differences between Greg and Ratboy

legend
    Free Member

is it because he’s a smaller guy and over the longer WC courses that makes a difference in how much he can pump etc

He’s (slightly) taller than Sam Hill, so I’m going for “no”

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Loic Bruni added 3 new photos.
    22 hrs ·
    Leaving Canada with a good satisfaction ! 2nd and still 2nd overall, not the same taste as a win i guess but i don’t know how it feels anyway wink emoticon

Some balanced young fella’s out there

Northwind

fr0sty125 – Member

IMO Rachel was ill/under the weather for most of last season now she is back to fitness

Did she ever get a diagnosis for that virus that cleared up before every race where she thought she’d do well, then returned as soon as she discovered she’d been beat? Advanced Carpenter-Ragot Syndrome.

chambord
    Free Member

Edit – can someone please give me a link to the series points stamdings etc, the one on the UCI site seems to include last years results as well as UK BDS etc?

I can’t find this either… Anyone able to help?

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Did she ever get a diagnosis for that virus that cleared up before every race where she thought she’d do well, then returned as soon as she discovered she’d been beat? Advanced Carpenter-Ragot Syndrome.

Judging by this years outstanding return to form I reckon it’s bilharzia…

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘MSA PSA – World Cup Downhill resumes tomorrow (Sat)’ is closed to new replies.