Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • MSA – Manon or Rachel?
  • glasgowdan
    Free Member

I vote Rachel for the win. I’d prefer manon to win but reckon Rachel has probably got her form back now.

What do you think?

JoeG
    Free Member

gd – I feel pretty much the same. Seems like they’d both have to crash, flat, or similar for Ragot or someone else to win.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Depends if Rachel is fit and well and she won’t tell anyone till after the race.

martinh
    Free Member

Rachel and Gee both seem to be struggling with their bikes. Just didn’t look smooth at the last couple of races. So unless the bike is sorted, Manon

loddrik
    Free Member

whichever is better looking

loddrik
    Free Member

just had to google, looks like manon is by far the better of a bad bunch

wilko1999
    Free Member

Fingers crossed for Manon, I think she can do it, she seems to have discovered more self-belief this year and a winning mentality. She also seems a more humble and likeable character. Plus she’s rather cute 😉

euans2
    Free Member

Rachel just won nationals so I’m guessing she may be coming back into a bit of form, if that’s the case then Manon doesn’t really stand a chance.

6079smithw
    Free Member

Manon is great but I don’t want someone on a Saracen winning, there might be children watching

elliott-20
    Free Member

Manon FTW.

Don’t get me wrong, I love Rachel and her attitude to the sport and fans but I can’t bear to see yet another oversized, flat peaked, red-bull emblazoned baseball cap atop of her bonce. 😆

Manon is great but I don’t want someone on a Saracen winning, there might be children watching

I’m guessing you’ve not ridden the new breed of Saracen then?

emsz
    Free Member

It would be great if Manon took the win, but it would be super awesome if the countries greatest ever DH champion carried on winning races 😉

Can’t really rule out emiline Ragot and Tahnee Seagrave is catching up fast!!

hatter

It’s quite funny actually, over here Saracen is still slowly tearing itself free from the “Y-frame Raw” days where as over in the States and Canada they don’t have that baggage and the Mysts are cool as.

It’s a bit like the old Iron Horse SGS’s when the Mad Catz team started winning stuff on them. Iron Horse themselves were far from a ‘cool’ brand in the States but race results + being very very rare over this side of pond meant that the next thing you knew every uplift jockey in Wales was lusting after one.

chakaping
    Free Member

Well done Loddrick, what a useful and insightful observation.

She also seems a more humble and likeable character

Rachel’s pretty down-to-earth considering how dominant she’s been, and she seems genuinely supportive of the other girls.

But everyone loves an underdog so I’m going for Manon too. Rachel looks set to leave DH, so hopefully Manon can take over her crown.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Rachel looks set to leave DH, so hopefully Manon can take over her crown.

Really? Going enduro? Would be a shame. Fed up on the injuries?

euans2
    Free Member

I met Rachel at Fort William last year, she happily posed for photos and even gave my niece her winners flowers, she is a class act and has plenty of time for her fans.

AS for Saracen, I’ve ridden both the Myst and the Ariel both cracking bikes, if a friend hadn’t of bought the Ariel then I may have bought one myself.

euans2
    Free Member

Really? Going enduro? Would be a shame. Fed up on the injuries?

She mentioned it at the end of last season that she may look to other areas of cycling, hopefully it would be Enduro but you never know, she also does a fair bit of road cycling

mrblobby
    Free Member

she is a class act and has plenty of time for her fans.

Would probably be a popular household name now if DH was an Olympic sport too. She’d almost certainly have added that to her world champs and world cup titles.

wilko1999
    Free Member

Yes, should clarify my earlier post, I’m not saying Rachel isn’t likeable etc, I just find Manon moreso.

chakaping
    Free Member

She was dropping some heavy hints about track cycling.

Road would be very interesting though. Plenty of time for enduro later!

scruff
    Free Member

Would be good to see Rach get stuck into ACC and TMO at EWS but I hope she stays in DH for a few years. Great to see Manon and Ratboy having proper success this year, hopefully Manon really is riding well enough to keep up with Rach when both are fighting fit.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Manon. Met her at Jif cycling club Xmas do a couple of years ago (a few glitterati there, dani king, Gee Thomas, shane sutton etc), she was introduced to t’other half simply as “Manon”. Who completely mistook who she was…

“oh didnt we do a time trial together a few years ago?”.
    “no, I dont think so, I’m more of a mountain biker”
    “oh cool, ever been to Morzine?”
    “yeah, Ive just come back, its awesome isnt it?”

and so it went.

Manon totally down to earth, friendly and gracious, other half totally mortified and embarassed when she realised…

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘MSA – Manon or Rachel?’ is closed to new replies.