Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • MS Surface
  • tron
    Free Member

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve been looking at cases. Has anyone found a really slim rubbery protector like you might find for your phone? I don’t want a flip out cover really, just some slight protection.

SaxonRider

I know the one I posted above doesn’t match your criteria, exactly, but I have to say that it is especially good on both the protective front and the convenience. The fact that it holds the pen in a clip-in fashion means that I have not yet lost it, whereas when I was depending on the magnet, it fell off and I temporarily lost it twice.

I think you’ll find it hard to get a better combination in a case.

EDIT: I should add that you can take a look at the one I bought if you want. If you’re in town, that is.

molgrips
    Free Member

Yeah I might take a look. But I bought the damn thing to be thin, so making it as thick as a normal laptop defeats some of the purpose.

I think I will probably also purchase a simple neoprene pouch for travelling etc. So I might not need protectors.

molgrips
    Free Member

Got a fake leather pouch for a tenner.

maxtorque

Had a Pro4 since JAN. And tbh, what a piece of Cr*p.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many stupid bugs and things that don’t work, or work for a bit then stop working it’s just not funny any longer.

Once they actually finish developing it (and win10) then it’ll be ok.

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s finished now. Mine works fine. You do have updates on, don’t you?

SaxonRider

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many stupid bugs and things that don’t work, or work for a bit then stop working it’s just not funny any longer.

What are you talking about?!? I have had one for slightly less time, and have had no such experiences.

molgrips
    Free Member

Found that its quite good on my lap at about 45 degrees without the keyboards , using on screen typing. Needs less lap room. Could work on a train like this.

maxtorque

List of things that went wrong, got fixed, then went wrong again, then weren’t fixed, then worked, then sort of worked:

1) not being able to turn it on (press button, nothing happens, have to hold button for 15 sec to get full hard restart – mostly fixed now)
    2) Turning off, but not – turn off, come back later to find flashing battery symbol as it hadn’t actually shut down, despite screen being off
    3) rear camera being unable to auto focus – about 50/50 this one.
    4) Touch screen crashes – have to unplug and reconnect keyboard or restart to get it working again
    5) pen ceases working. remove battery, wait 30 sec, replace battery, works again
    6) lots of software issues, including excel bugs (try and edit a chart series in excel and see what happens!!), drivers suddenl stopping working etc
    7) the pen, was a mouse, then wasn’t now is again (started off being able to use pen to select text etc, then MS ade it just be a pen, so all it would do is draw over everything, then people (rightly) told them to put it back to be able to be a mouse too

Google “surface Pro problems” for a full list of the horror!

or take a look at the ms forums for lots of ranting at them!

If it were a cheap tablet i’d be a lot less critical, but for something so expensive it’s a joke

minley1
    Free Member

I have one (Suface Pro 4 I5, 120g), it been great for me, replaced an aging Ipad, I use it mostly for work, so far no issues.
    I did get a 200g mini Sd card so plenty of space, and much more versatile than my ipad.

molgrips
    Free Member

Maxtorque.. seems strange, I’ve had none of those issues, so it seems strange that yours won’t have updated to the same state by now.

Minley – do you use your SD card for just data storage or can you fit actual software on it?

jp-t853

I’ve had a Surface Pro 3 i5 for a long while now and love it. Windows 10 makes more sense for tablet use than the old Windows 8 but battery life has dropped a little. I got a lot of typing errors on the keyboard at first but I now lie it flat on the table rather than in tilt mode and it works great. I have played with a pro 4 keyboard and they are much better.

I actually love it as a tablet, infinite kickstand means that you can balance it on your legs at any angle no matter what you are sitting on. I can be comfortable and I don’t need to support the tablet at all which is a huge benefit with a large device. It was a strange transition away from apps at first but having full windows and internet capability makes a great tablet experience.

For some reason I don’t get on with the pen, my 9 year old however loves pressing the button to activate one note whilst I am in the middle of some work.

minley1
    Free Member

I use the SD for Data, but as far as I can see there would be no reason not to put software on it, as you can choose where to save, either the Surface or the card.

molgrips
    Free Member

Hmm. The trackpad on the new keyboard is easily the best I’ve used. It’s really lovely.

molgrips
    Free Member

More observations on the keyboard… lap typing on the sofa is actually easier with the keyboard folded back, cos the screen is a bit closer and easier to read.

molgrips
    Free Member

Bought this for a sleeve for transporting it. It’s pretty nice, remarkably so for a tenner. It’s got some sort of stiff board under the fake leather to help stop pokey things. Fake leather is nice to handle and not at all nasty.

IHN

Right, minor thread revival. I’m going to buy one of these, just a bit confuzzled on specs.

I need it for Wording, Excelling, iPlaying, Netflixing and general Internetting. I’m thinking the i5, 128gb, 4gb RAM, that seem right?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

doing all that on a windows i3 laptop from 4-5 years ago…

Rubber_Buccaneer

Even an iPad could do that stuff 🙂

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘MS Surface’ is closed to new replies.