Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • ms power point help
  • Zedsdead
    Free Member

I’m needing to make up a short slide show and rather than a boring template background I want to use a photo I have as a background, fading it so it doesn’t stand out too much.

Is this possible and if so how?

Thanks

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

go to the slide master view, insert the photo scaled as you wish to the main master slide, depending on which version of PP you have you need to find picture properties and set transparency or fiddle with brightness and contrast until you get it right

Ewan
    Free Member

Edit the master slide, stick the photo as the background, then create a rectangle that covers the entire slide but set it to 50% transparency. Then adjust the transparency to suit, close the master slide, off you go.

There are more graceful ways of achieving this, but that’s one quick and dirty method.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

actually, looking at it in office 2010 you need to create a rectangle on the master and set the fill to ‘picture fill’ then you get the transparency option. There is no option to make a picture transparent in picture tools you can only set a transparent colour.

[Ewan’s solution will work equally well and most likely not to cause problems if you end up using the presentation on different versions of PP)

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Thanks,

I’m using 2003. I have the photo in now but the transparency option is greyed out. I’ll play around with it though and see what happens.

No doubt I will be back with more Q’s….

Cheers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘ms power point help’ is closed to new replies.