Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • M&S Insurance Renewal – Part Two
  • Harry_the_Spider

As a follow on to this thread

Renewal letter stated that my premium was £X. On line quotation was £X-10%.

I phoned them up to ask why there was a discrepancy and they said that I should cancel and buy it on line as they were unable to offer me the discount over the phone. So there you go, straight from the horse’s arse mouth.

Don’t renew, cancel and re-apply. You could save yourself the price of a couple of winter tyres or a Howies organic peace sock.

firestarter
    Free Member

i asked this and they told me if i did that i would lose my no claims discount ?? so i said if it was cheaper anyway whats the point of having it ??

anyway cancelled and got new policy and it came back with 4 years protected no claims discount on it . madness

jon1973
    Free Member

Don’t renew, cancel and re-apply.

Direct Line pretty much told me the same thing.

MikeG

I renewed mine monday night, online about 20% cheaper than the renewal. Phoned them up to play the cancel then new business game (as I have for the last 5 years)to be told they will now match their online quote but it must be like for like, the sneaky gits have sent the renewal with £50 excess but online quote (and last years policy) was £100 excess.
    Still £20 cheaper online and they have matched it 😀

ChrisHeath

See also:

Every other insurance company ever.

🙂

FuzzyWuzzy

Yeah it’s retarded but I guess they rely on enough customers not cancelling & renewing so they still make more money from the new customers (due to the discounted policies) to offset what they lose from existing customers cancelling & renewing. Still annoying though for existing loyal customers to have to go through the cancel/renew hassle.

MrsPoddy
    Free Member

We did this with M&S Insurance and the previous year new people got vouchers…
    If you are with the AA ring them up with the on-line price and they will renew it for the lower price.
    I have to ask why as a loyal customer are you penalised?

cinnamon_girl

Didn’t work for me! But I hadn’t noticed that on the original quote the excess had quietly jumped up to £300. 😯

What sort of excess do people pay then?

cinnamon_girl

Have been getting some more quotes and the excess with some insurers can be up to £450!! What exactly am I paying insurance for, please remind me. 👿

Loyalty means diddley-squat.

Harry_the_Spider

Just re-checked mine. The renewal had a £0 excess. If I try that on-line it bangs the price right up.

FFS. 🙄

All I want is a quiet life.

br
    Free Member

Have been getting some more quotes and the excess with some insurers can be up to £450!! What exactly am I paying insurance for, please remind me.

To cover the cost of your house burning to the ground and all your possessions with it, not you breaking your curlers. 😉

cinnamon_girl

Oops, I’m moaning about car insurance. 🙄

not you breaking your curlers.

No need of those, I’m naturally ‘curly’. 8)

Harry_the_Spider

Oops, I’m moaning about car insurance.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘M&S Insurance Renewal – Part Two’ is closed to new replies.