Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • M&S Insurance- Loss adjuster help needed
  • oxnop
    Free Member

We had our house broken into whilst on holiday. Our car was stolen as well as 3 bikes and a relatively small amount of possessions.

The household insurance loss adjuster is coming out on Tuesday and I’m wondering what to expect as never had to deal with insurance before?

I don’t have receipts for the bikes (1 bike was bought new from stif about 9mts ago and imagine that they will have a record) as a majority of parts (even my watches) were bought from the classifieds of STW. I have photos of the bikes and most of our possessions so I’m hoping that will be ok.

I can’t stop thinking that the loss adjuster will try and rip us off, is this a normal feeling when something like this happens?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I think if you come over as decent and honest then he won’t try too hard to rip you off. Certainly that has been my experience of claiming

You have photos of the bikes? I doubt you will have any issue with them anyway

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Loss adjuster will be fine. Nowt to worry about. Photos of bikes etc will suffice.

rockhopper70

As one myself we just need proof of possession/ownership. Might make a deduction for wear and tear so may offer you the money to settle on the basis of buying an equivalent second hand bike, not new for old. Did this myself with a chap after £1500 for a 26year old tourer. Found exact same bike on eBay for £100 so offered on that basis. Generally , they should be fair but if they suspect you are taking pi55 then could be a long process.

Harry_the_Spider

We had a visit from the M&S loss adjuster after I dropped a builder’s tape measure into the middle of a 32″ flat screen LCD that I was trying to wall mount. 😳

They offered me a fair price.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

I was burgled recently and had to wait a while to meet the loss adjuster which slowed things down but during/after the meeting he was brilliant.

I doubt you will have any problems.

Cougar

I’ve made several claims over the years, only ever been honest, and never had a problem with them. Sometimes they come back with too low a figure or a crap “substitution,” but every time I’ve kicked those back and got a sensible counter-offer in return.

Cougar

I dropped a builder’s tape measure into the middle of a 32″ flat screen LCD that I was trying to wall mount.

They offered me a fair price.

About twelve quid for a new tape?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘M&S Insurance- Loss adjuster help needed’ is closed to new replies.