Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • M&S Insurance – anyone cancelled and reapplied online for 20% discount?
  • agentdagnamit
    Free Member

My premium has gone up 5% this year, not too bad. I rang to try and haggle a bit and was told that a new customer would get a 20% discount online but there was nothing else they could do. But, obviously they werent able to save me the trouble of cancelling and reapplying by just doing this on the phone (I work in marketing, so do understand…..)

Has anyone done this, has it worked?

Good news is they still seem to offer the same bike cover and no charge for paying monthly (though obviously factored into the premium!)

Drac

Yup think everyone does it every time.

nbt

I did it, they wouldn’t cover me for the new policy – I needed (non-office) working from home for Mrs NBT and they would have honoured the renewal of an existing policy but wouldn;t offer that cover on a new policy. just make sure you check.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Tried it and oddly enough both quotes are within a few quid of each other. Even swapped it between mine and the wife’s name.

firestarter
    Free Member

Every year so far

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Thanks. Turns out that I’m not able to apply online as I’ve suffered too many (bike) thefts in the last 6 years, vicious circle….

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

About 3 years in a row now. One year we got £50 M&S vouchers for being new customers too! 🙂

firestarter
    Free Member

How did the claims affect your premium out of interest I don’t know anyone that’s claimed before. Cheers

scaredypants

I’ve done this twice, no probs

make sure you get the quidco (or similar) cashback too

(edit – that’s not an answer to you, firestarter)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘M&S Insurance – anyone cancelled and reapplied online for 20% discount?’ is closed to new replies.