Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • M&S Insurance – again sorry…
  • ART

So M&S's new underwriters have decided we live in a flood risk area (have tried explaining to the call centre dude that we don't and that the EA flood risk map I was looking at could prove we didn't, but to no avail) …and they want to hike our premium by a whopping £300/year!!! 👿

I've been using M&S for years now cause of the bike cover, but may have to change…. so please, please does anyone have any recommendations as to a good insurer for contents – and buildings preferably too – that covers multiple bikes (ahem) including away from home.

And calm….

iDave
    Free Member

they wouldn't insure me for contents in my last place due to 'flood risk', though i was in an apartment where the front foor was 40ft into the great grey sky

Rich_s

Doesn't make a right load of difference, I'm afraid.

Think about it – if your downstairs got flooded, it might mean your power gets cut = freezer claim; it might cause shorts in the supply = knackered leccy goods claim; it might (somehow) cause water to creep up the walls into your flat = possible alternative accommodation claim; it might mean your place is unoccupied due to restricted access = vandalism, squatters, burglars. What is downstairs never gets fixed due to incorrect insurance? What if the soil gets underwashed? Etc etc.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Me too, I just accepted the increase as insuring the bikes under separate cover would be more than the £300 price hike.

ART

Useful to see it's not just me then… will probably drop some of my cover and increase the excess to get the price down …unless someone knows of a better alternative. Anyone?

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

i always think insuraunce companies rip the p out of existing customers. Each year my reminder notice comes in, the company has put £200 or so on top. (even though I've no claims).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘M&S Insurance – again sorry…’ is closed to new replies.