Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • MS Hotmail/Outlook – Junk emails, that aren't junk
  • Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

I’m continuously getting emails going to my junk folder that are not junk, I highlight them and click on ‘not junk’ but they still keep going there which makes it a pain having to go through my junk mail each time to make sure I don’t miss them… So, how do I permanently stop these same emails going to my junk mail? Please explain in simple terms how you do this if this is possible.

Thanks 😕

nickjb
    Free Member

You can add a filter and force emails with a particular word or from a particular sender to go to a specific folder or the in box

DrJ

You can add a filter

Using the new “beta” version of outlook.com I can’t see where to do this. Is it still possible, or do I have to go back to the old version?

wwpaddler
    Free Member

There are settings on how robust you want your junk mail filter to be. Check it isn’t set to “anyone not in my contacts” or add the addresses to your contact list.

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies

You can add a filter and force emails with a particular word or from a particular sender to go to a specific folder or the in box

There are settings on how robust you want your junk mail filter to be. Check it isn’t set to “anyone not in my contacts” or add the addresses to your contact list.

If I’m honest I’m not sure how to do any of that, but I’ll have a look later and hopefully I’ll sort something out otherwise I might be back on here asking how to do it.

😀

mattyfez

When i’ve had mail go to junk previously I’ve simply gone into the junk folder then you can select ‘not junk’ on the email and it’s moved to your inbox, and subsequent mails wonn’t be labled as junk from that sender.

thepodge
    Free Member

I find that the android interface and the windows interface sometimes seems to act differently.

Superstar components (as well as other) emails tend to be in my inbox on windows but junk on Android. Foolishly I deal with them there and then instead of checking the other device to see whats what.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘MS Hotmail/Outlook – Junk emails, that aren't junk’ is closed to new replies.