• This topic has 11 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by nbt.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • M&S home contents insurance…
  • simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I've been using this for ages, and been too lazy to cancel and start again each year as advised. They were asking for £310.34 pa, but signing up as a new customer it was only £168.80, with a zero excess (formerly £150) !!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

We've done the same 3 years on the trot now!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I hadn't realised just how big the difference would be!

dmiller
    Free Member

Check RBS as well, they came in cheaper for us than M&S this year… 🙂

RichPenny
    Free Member

They will not now reinsure me as I live in a flood risk area. The fact that I'm in a second floor flat is apparently irrelevant. Still, they have to honour the renewal, which is £440 🙁

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I live in a flood risk area

Eh? Salisbury plain would be a lake by the time you saw flood damage Rich 🙂

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Check RBS as well, they came in cheaper for us than M&S this year…

cheers, but they were £90 more…

SFB I have seen your house – Surely you would be better self-insuring? 😆

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Surely you would be better self-insuring?

John, you're SO funny :o) This is mostly about insuring my camera in case I fall in a river 🙂 You're right about the house though, even when I forget to lock the door no one bothers to nick owt!

spooky_b329

Just done mine yet again, saving another £100. Top tip, take out a new policy BEFORE cancelling old, just in case flood areas etc have changed and you can't start a new policy.

I reckon there must be a whole heap of insurance companies out there that will cover the bikes for a heap less than M&S, but the cover isn't the same, is it! All M&S states is that you must take reasonable care of your belongings. Thats it. No brick outbuildings, indoors overnight, locked to solid object and so on…and on….

thegreatape
    Free Member

I can't get a new quote with them – we've had 2 water leaks in the last 3 years both of which we had to claim for. Still, the renewal only went up by about £2 compared to last year, which is something I suppose.

nbt

Aye as mentioned, check you *can* get a new policy before cancelling, I cancelled and then found they wouldn;t give me a new policy with home working, but would have honoured a renewal

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘M&S home contents insurance…’ is closed to new replies.