Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Mrs Brown
  • dribbling
    Free Member

Just in from Gym (grr, manly etc), poured a late night drink as no work tomorrow and Mrs Brown has just started on BBC2.

Seen it before; but it’s not a half bad film despite Billy, who is actually quite ok.

Well, it’s better than “Big Brother Live Launch” – yawn.

derek_starship
    Free Member

But not a patch on the clever and hilarious Mrs. Brown’s Boys!

trail_rat
    Free Member

Hmm derek … Was subjected to the xmas special at the future inlaws over christmas.

Dont get the attraction at all

RichPenny
    Free Member

That’s naice, trailrat

dribbling
    Free Member

clever and hilarious Mrs. Brown’s Boys

Really? that annoyed the hell out of me!

bigyinn
    Free Member

Clever and hilarious if you’ve just woken up from a 30year coma.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Or had a humourectomy

Pook

or are a **** moron.

djglover
    Free Member

Or all of the above / joking

partyboy1101
    Free Member

I’m glad it’s not just me, my future inlaws are adamant that I’ll love it and have bought me the box set……I’ve managed less than 2 minutes of it so far! Pish

richmtbguru
    Free Member

Pook – Member
    or are a **** moron.

POSTED 26 MINUTES AGO #

Couldn’t agree more pook, I find it absolute distasteful that anybody could laugh at such vulgar behaviour!
    It should be banned from television, I think it’s more for the common idiot types who don’t know any more intelligent comedy, I’m with you all guys! It’s not intelligent enough for us fellas.

Pook

Vulgar? Nah, just rubbish.

dribbling
    Free Member

Well I’m glad to see this veered massively OT!

trailmonkey

well, i’ll get it back on track. mrs brown is a ludicrous load of bollox designed to have us believe that there may have been a hint egalitarianism and humanity involved at the heart of undoubtedly the most tyrannical monarchical reign this foul island has ever spawned.

joao3v16
    Free Member

Mrs Brown’s Boys = a turd of a programme

Never seen Mrs Brown. But sounds like it’s worth a watch – I like a good tyrannical monarchical reign.

geoffj

Mrs. Brown’s Boys – utter utter shit in the same unfunny vein as Rab C Nesbitt and Chewin’ the Fat.

molgrips
    Free Member

I started watching Mrs Brown but had to go to bed. An interesting portrayal of characters, mostly, and well acted I thought by the main players.

IHN

the most tyrannical monarchical reign this foul island has ever spawned.

Blimey, someone didn’t get their sugar puffs this morning.

Anyway, really? Queen Vic? I think that, in the great and venerable list of ‘tyrannical’ monarchs that this country has ‘spawned’, she’s far from the top.

molgrips
    Free Member

If you watched the doc that was on before it, she was pretty tyrannical as far as her own family was concerned.

However, she had pretty much nothing to do with politics during her reign afaik, so blaming her for the tyranny of Empire is a bit daft, no?

trailmonkey

yeah she was totally oblivious to everything that was going on in her name – which just happened to be the acquisition of the greatest formal and informal empires the world has ever seen.

tyrant.

richmtbguru
    Free Member

Yeah yeah utter shite! Lets all stick together on this fellas.

molgrips
    Free Member

Did she have the power to do anything about it even if she did disagree?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Not seen the film, but got to disagree about Mrs Browns Boys.

Unlike the bulk of ‘comedy’ which has dissapeared so far up it’s own arse I think you’re supposed to laugh as the fact it’s just not funny (The Office being the pinacle of this particular pile of crap). It actualy makes people laugh, you know, like a comedy’s supposed to.

molgrips
    Free Member

It actualy makes people laugh, you know, like a comedy’s supposed to

An argument entirely devoid of merit.

We’d not be complaining about Mrs Brown’s Boys if it made us laugh, would we?

IHN

The Office is one of the best things on telly in the past ten years. Original and, yes, very funny.

anagallis_arvensis

I agree with thisisnotaspoon. Its quite funny and the actors dont take it seriously cant see whats not to like.Certainly not something to get upset and ranty about. Wouldnt want the box set though!
    And Mrs Brown the film is shiteaimed at getting us to think royals are slightly normal and have a hard life!!

molgrips
    Free Member

They are normal people, and they have similar family shit to deal with that we do. It’s just done against a different background and context.

darbeze
    Free Member

I love Mrs Brown… Cracking film. Feels a bit of a guilty pleasure type of thing though. I think Dench and Connolly are very good in it.

On the subject of Mrs Browns Boys… The regular series, in my opinion are great. They never fail to make me laugh out loud. However, I didn’t think the Christmas episodes were anywhere near as good. In fact, I didn’t bother watching the second one as I was so disappointed with the first…

A case of trying too hard I think…

bigyinn
    Free Member

The Office was occasionally funny, but more often than not it just made me cringe and curl up my toes.
    Mrs Browns Boys is not particularly funny in my opinion, it mildy amusing. But hey ho, others like it.

anagallis_arvensis

They are normal people, and they have similar family shit to deal with

really?

molgrips
    Free Member

Yes.

D0NK

Unlike the bulk of ‘comedy’ which has dissapeared so far up it’s own arse I think you’re supposed to laugh as the fact it’s just not funny (The Office being the pinacle of this particular pile of crap)

The Office is one of the best things on telly in the past ten years

this little exchange says a lot about comedy and people

Oh and you are all wrong Mrs B B and the office are both great steaming turds of comedy 😉

southbeds
    Free Member

MRS BROWN. please answer the question.did they do the dirty deed,the big hairy arsed jock and the Empress of India,iknow what my moneys on

trail_rat
    Free Member

donk . not sure if your being serious or not but i consider your last statement to be true 😉

IHN

this little exchange says a lot about comedy and people

True. Different people think different things are funny, innit.

LenHankie
    Free Member

Mrs Brown/tyrannical days of Empire = Good.
    The Office = Good.
    Mrs Brown’s Boys = Some sort of throwback to an appalling 70s sitcom that wouldn’t even have been funny then.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Mrs Brown’ is closed to new replies.