Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Mr.Robot(trackworld::inajar(rattledaround, &smashedinawashingmachine));
  • sirromj

Anyone manage to watch all of season 2 of Mr Robot and know what happened? No me neither. Has it stopped me embarking on season 3 of Mr Robot? No. Just watched 3rd episode, was starting to feel like it was making sense. Then it ended. Oh ffs. WTF. So how much of what I just saw was in the past? What. Oh. I don’t know. Sigh.

Poopscoop

I can’t get pay the title! Lol 😀

The series is on my “to watch list” as are a lot more unfortunately. 🙁

monkeychild
    Free Member

I enjoyed the first season. Season 2 I went huh? Season 3 I have mostly gone zzzzzz

therevokid
    Free Member

like monkey … S1 was ok, S2 was eh ???? and S3 – I’m still having therapy.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

As above, it’s a bit like they thought “well the basic plot’s ok but let’s just mess with time and reality for lolz”.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I stopped watching

richmars

The first half of the first season was ok, then it went downhill and I gave up on it. IMO, not worth my time trying to work out what the hell was going on.

nerd
    Free Member

The first series was good to very good

The first half of the second series was rubbish and I almost gave up after the Alf parody episode. Luckily it improved in the second half and actually moved the story on.

Third series pretty good so far, though not as good as the first.

There’s supposed to be five series so it shouldn’t drag on too much!

milky1980
    Free Member

You have 3 different timelines going on at the same time. Elliot’s version, Mr Robot’s version and what’s really happening. In the real timeline you also have the version Angela is in and the one E Corp is trying to dictate.

In between Elliot and Mr Robot’s version you have Darlene trapped in there living both at the same time while trying to keep the FBI at arms length. The Dark Army are currently a bit of a subplot but they have come back to the fore in the last episode.

Basically Elliot is a deranged hacker who is struggling with a severe bipolar problem, Darlene and Angela are dealing with a disrupted childhood (death of parents caused by E Corp) and the Dark Army are like the modern equivalent of the Mafia, trying to control everything. E Corp is just a giant company that symbolises all that is wrong with the consumerist economy model.

Add in the subplot of the issues inside the Dark Army and you have a complicated viewing experience! I’m loving it.

EDIT: just to add I have a way to relate to what’s going on as my mum is quite severely bipolar and I’ve fallen into the consumerist debt cycle in my past so I have the experience to relate to some of what’s going on.

unovolo
    Free Member

Gave up after about 3 episodes of Season 2, just seemed to be trying to hard to mess with your mind and wasn’t entertaining enough to persist all Imo.
    Shame really as Season 1 was pretty good.

DezB
    Free Member

I watched about 45 minutes of it before the thrill of a failed Antivirus update got too much for me.

hedley
    Free Member

I’m like you. S1 was great, S2 I often fell asleep while trying to stay engaged and haven’t tried S3 as I was put off.

I did though really enjoy Halt And Catch Fire

“Set in the 1980s, this series dramatizes the personal computing boom through the eyes of a visionary, an engineer and a prodigy whose innovations directly confront the corporate behemoths of the time.”

P-Jay
    Free Member

I gave up about episode 2/3 of the first series, there’s a scene when the main Kid is in work and his inner monologue calls someone stupid in the strongest possible way (I forget the exact words) because he can’t code or the like – it reminded me of work and I switched off. Typical IT Techie, sat in his bubble thinking anyone outside it is stupid and wondering why he can’t relate with the world.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I gave up about episode 2/3 of the first series, there’s a scene when the main Kid is in work and his inner monologue calls someone stupid in the strongest possible way (I forget the exact words) because he can’t code or the like – it reminded me of work and I switched off. Typical IT Techie, sat in his bubble thinking anyone outside it is stupid and wondering why he can’t relate with the world.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Season 2 was actually pretty good IMO, the twist seemed obvious once it happened but not in the run up to the reveal. Last episodes were a bit more WTF? But if they resolved everything what would Season 3 bring?

Milky – you forgot the 4th timeline, the one Elliot let’s the observer see.

spawnofyorkshire

It’s well worth pushing through the first half of the second season, the ending is pretty good and the third season was very good, just finished it on Monday.

milky1980
    Free Member

Oh yeah 😆

Thought we were only half way through series 3? They’re doing that US thing of having a midseason break.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Mr.Robot(trackworld::inajar(rattledaround, &smashedinawashingmachine));’ is closed to new replies.