Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • MRP XCG or similar bash for XT 2×10 set up?
  • agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Finally thought I’d found something that would do the job, but I cant find anyone in the UK selling these bashguards:

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Tech-Tuesday-MRP-XCG-Guard-Installation-2011.html

Anyone know where I can get one, or similar ISCG-05 bash for 2×10?

Scapegoat

I got mine from the states. And I seem to remember I got it via amazon. If that rankles, send a few bob to the treasury to salve your conscience around corporation tax.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

OK, might do the same. did you get stung for import duties, VAT etc?

You’d think there’d be a UK market for these things, like the mythical water proof flat shoe, but you just cant find them…

Vortexracing

I have one on my Turner (and the soul before that)

I got mine form here

http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/

give them a ring, if they don’t have them, they can get them from the importers

shredder
    Free Member

Try
    Here
    Think they are the MRP importers or linked with distributors something like that.

Green

I’m using one of these – ethirteen TRS Dual Guide. I’m happy with it so far.

chrismac

I got one from a bike shop on ebay. Came from within the uk so no messing about with taxes and duty etc.

tomhoward

I’ll sell you mine? its very used, and has been customised (err, filed down….) to fit an intense, but it will still work with other frames 🙂

mail me if interested, I only want £7 posted.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Green – I’d be happy with that one too if it cost £30. My chain doesnt drop, I just want to protect my big ring’s teeth and my self from them.

Shredder / Chrismac – that importer’s site refers to them as being either single or triple ring protection, I was hoping they would fit neatly over a double set up, even if the diameter is slightly bigger than necessary.

shredder
    Free Member

agent I was going to purchase the one you want and called Billy’s who said they could supply no problem.
    I purchased the 2X in the end.
    But may be worth a call to them

tomhoward

it (the MRP) doesnt actually cover the rings, i think it just about covers the granny ring, ive got 4 massive scars on my right calf to show that it wont protect you from your rings teeth!

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Mmmmm, limited usefulness then?

tomhoward

I’ll see if I can dig out a pic of mine in use. It is useful and works well, I never had a problem with the rings hitting stuff beneath the bike, its just that it wont stop the big ring from imbedding itself in/carving bits out of your leg when you crash!

I was using it in a 3×9 setup though, so if you are running 2x you may as well have a chainring based one!

Vortexracing

I’m using it on a 2 x 10 XT crankset no probs. you just need the 40t one.

here you go piccies

P1050191 by eastham_david, on Flickr

P1050188 by eastham_david, on Flickr

timmys

I bought one from Demon Tweeks a couple of weeks ago. The 40T version works nicely with a XT 26/38 dual chainset.

http://www.tweekscycles.com/components/chain-guides/mrp-xcg-triple-chain-device

It was the ISCG05 40T model I got for use on my Zesty. Required fairly extensive hacksawing to stop it fouling swingarm/front mech but seems to do a fine job of protecting the chainring.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘MRP XCG or similar bash for XT 2×10 set up?’ is closed to new replies.