Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • MRP. X1 any one??
  • RudiBoy
    Free Member

any one used one of these yet?? Under what riding conditions??

do they work well??

do they drop the chain at all??

thanks

StuE
    Free Member

Mines been fine no problems fitting, no dropped chain, others seem to have had problems though may depend on the bike bottom bracket etc, if you do a search on the forum there have been a few threads on going 1×9

dan_cube
    Free Member

utterly brilliant….34 up front 11-34 out back on a 5 inch trail bike…ride everything and never feel under or over geared…RIP front mechs!

RudiBoy
    Free Member

sounds promising.

I have never been able to run a front mech on my frame, but im trying to move away from the heavy MRP chain device.

any more experiance??

househusband

I had one for a while, but changed to a Paul Components Chain Keeper; much neater, easier to mount and works just as effectively. The MRP was okay, but I found that it caught mud and woodland detritus very, very easily.

geetee1972
    Free Member

I've been running one for a few months now on a 32t front 11-34t out back. Riding style is aggressive trail and I'm heavy.

It works very well for as long as you're on the bike and pedalling forwards. What I've noticed is that the chain will regularly jump off the bottom of the chain ring but as long as you don't back pedal when that happens, the chain will always re-engage when you start to pedal forwards again.

A number of times I've got to the bottom of a rough descent and have then stopped. As I back pedal to spin the pedals into the right place, the chain then jumps off the top of the ring and falls between the guide and the chainset. You then have to push the guide inwards to create enough space to get the chain back. It is a nuisance but once you've learnt not to back pedal at these times, it stops being a problem.

RudiBoy
    Free Member

the paul components looks nice, but I do not have any where to mount it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘MRP. X1 any one??’ is closed to new replies.