Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • MRP Stage vs Rockshox YARI
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hiya Chaps,

Anyone have experience of both? If so…. what would you go for on a new build?

Cheers

Ricks

preciousmetals
    Free Member

Neither oh and if for 29er then Öhlins rxf

rickon
    Free Member

Well, needs to be under £400 – so not the Ohlins

Gotama
    Free Member

I have both and prefer the Stage by a reasonable margin, mainly because the damping is noticeably better and I like the ramp control function. They’re also doddle to service and it’s very easy to change the travel if that is an issue. Only downside to the stage is that they can be quite noisy (squelchy sound) although I think in the later models (mine were the original ones) they changed this.

Where can you get Stage’s for less than £400?

preciousmetals
    Free Member

Mrp stage for £400!??

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’ve got a brand new Yari sat under my desk I haven’t fitted yet – so I guess I’d go for that.

I fancied a Pike RCT3, but they were too much, the slightly heavier but stiffer Lyrik seemed even better but they were too much – as far as I can tell the Yari is the Lyrik with the OE damper from the Pike RC.

I’m not much of a knob twiddler so I think it’ll suit me fine, if it does turn out to be a bit lacking there a very bling damper upgrade from Avalanche that’s £300 which combined is still only Lyrik money or an RCT3 damper for £120ish – which combined it cheaper than buying a Lyrik or Pike in the first place – unless I’ve got my info wrong – I don’t know why anyone would buy a Lyrik…

Yetiman
    Free Member

What about the new Suntour Durolux or Aion. Good reviews and within budget I think.

benpinnick

as far as I can tell the Yari is the Lyrik with the OE damper from the Pike RC

The Yari is a MoCo damper, while the RC is a Charger damper so they are different, although on the trail the performance is pretty close.

preciousmetals
    Free Member

& QC and faff of sending them back is worth £400!

Damn must resist posting hatred for RS forks but damn they are complete cack from box.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Thanks to the Yari, prices for Pikes aren’t anywhere near as keen as they were.

That said, you seem to get a lot of fork for your money with a Yari, plus parts are easy to get and being MoCo, servicing will be a doddle.

The MRP is a bit of an unknown, I’ve not seen any about.

gee
    Free Member

I’ve had two Stages, both superb forks. Small bump compliance is unlike anything else I’ve used.

Shergie
    Free Member

I’d go for the stage without a second thought, they have even convinced me that having a bigger fork is not actually a *bad thing. They seem completely bombproof and have survived a winter of coaching, guiding and associated abuse without any attention and still feel as good as the day they were fitted.

Mark at the missing Link is a good person to talk to as he has demo bikes running with both forks I think so will have a view on them back to back.

*Enduro is still the devils work though.

bigjim

MRP all day 8)

I like the little noise the damper makes and think it’s a shame they’ve made it quieter on the new version. I also like the noise the Pike damper makes

woodster

Love my Stage and if you can get one for 400 it’s a no brainer! Not only do they perform beautifully they seem very well made with a seemingly excellent reliability record and long service intervals. After a Pike, just constantly working is a big improvement. Mines the latest one and plenty quiet.

preciousmetals
    Free Member

So op where can you get mrps for £400 sheets???

rickon
    Free Member

Lol. It’s from a mate, a few rides old – so not RRP 🙂

z1ppy

If that the case MRP, without a doubt

mactheknife

I love my MRP Stage. Simple to set up, bottom out control knob is a great addition and actually just works 🙂

Had mine fitted for 8 months and i absolutely love them, i am about to drop the lowers to check oil levels but they certainly don’t need fettling. I just like to keep an eye on things.

No brainer in my eyes.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘MRP Stage vs Rockshox YARI’ is closed to new replies.