Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • MRP forks..
  • MartynS

Anyone have a set of these?
    I’m in the market for some new forks. I’d like a tapered steerer, 34mm stantions, somewhere in the region of 150mm travel, 15mm bolt through (could do 20 if needed) oh and 26′ wheel size…..

The LBS recommended MRP he’s got them on his bike and loves them. I trust his judgement but wondered if anyone else had experience?
    I currently have fox float 32. I love them so I’m looking for the same sort of feel.

ta for any thoughts.

Stevet1
    Free Member

Heard good things about them but in the spirit of STW recommending something entirely different to that in the OP I am using Manitou Mattocs which also fit your bill and they are awesome.

gonzy
    Free Member

the new formula forks look rather nice…but expensive!!
    £999 for the 27.5 thirty5 160mm forks!! 😯

mboy
    Free Member

The LBS recommended MRP he’s got them on his bike and loves them. I trust his judgement but wondered if anyone else had experience?

Ran a set for over 12 months. Loved them. The best feature is the externally adjustable ramp control, which allows you to alter the air volume inside on the fly, effectively adding or removing tokens (as you would in a Pike) but with an external dial rather than a 24mm socket! They also have a much more supple beginning stroke than Pikes, and despite 34mm stanchions vs 35mm they are just as stiff.

Downsides? Well… The price! Pikes are shagged out cheap online everywhere, MRP aren’t. This is a double edged sword, for both the customer and the retailer, but it has meant the MRP forks are rather thin on the ground…

However… This has just arrived…

This is the MRP Ramp Control Cartridge for a Pike/Yari/Lyrik/Boxxer WC, and priced at £129.99 it allows you to add the best feature from the MRP forks to your Rockshox fork! Genius… Just had a load of them arrive at work this morning, and will be fitting on a few forks (both customer and my own Lyrik) ASAP.

MartynS

Cheeky bump for the evening crowd….

Thank you mboy, good review! You say pikes are shagged out price wise…LBS found some 26′ pikes for £1000.

Are pikes worth a serious look? I’m not a fan of rockshox although my experience is admittedly a set of psylos a while ago and a set of reba solo air on my HT that I just can’t set up to my liking!

mactheknife

I have a set of stage forks. Absolutely love them. Very easy to set up. Supple in the top of the stroke and very supportive mid stroke. Ramp control is an ace feature. I might have read mboy incorrectly but they are not dear at all. I got mine from my lbs for £650.

Oh taking them apart for lower lube and services is easier than a set of pikes and they are a doddle. Just make sure you have a 1.5mm Allen key. Yep highly recommended.

mboy
    Free Member

I might have read mboy incorrectly but they are not dear at all. I got mine from my lbs for £650.

Didn’t say they were dear, just that Rockshox get price shagged all over the internet, which kind’ve makes it hard to sell the MRP’s to most people as everyone seems to buy on price these days! Anyway…

Pike’s aren’t a bad fork, I do prefer the Stage though. For anyone looking to improve their Pike, and bring some of the features of the MRP Stage to it, the Ramp Control cartridge for £129.99 is an awesome upgrade though!

mactheknife

Ah, I need some reading glasses I reckon 8O.

Shackleton

Love my stage esp the ramp control. Can’t add much to what others have said but when I took mine apart the internals were mostly metal not plastic which earned points in my book.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Been running Stage 170mm on my Ion-16 for just over a year.
    Really good forks.
    Bit noisy
    still smooth

Just about to send back for a full service

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘MRP forks..’ is closed to new replies.