Viewing 33 posts - 81 through 113 (of 113 total)
  • mr gove
  • duckman

Franksinatra; As a teacher, a work to rule; 35 hours and not a second more,would have a FAR greater impact on childrens education than one day strikes.

Other news;

The BBC also reported on the forthcoming meeting between union leaders and Francis Maude and spoke of there being “very little room to manoeuvre” because the raiding of public service pension funds was part of the “deficit reduction plan”.

And I thought the excuse was everybody living longer?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Tehre is no desire to negotiate at all from the Government side. ~Tehy want to either provoke a strike or destroy the pensions. preferably both. They have already said what the solution they will impose is in broad.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Strange to hear this attitude to striking from Gove, he seemed quite keen on it when he was in the NUJ.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    project
    Free Member

Nobody seems to have realised that the teachers are on holiday in the next few weeks for a long time, so Gove will just change the pension when theyre off , and when they come back it will all be done, so easy and theyll fall for it.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Mr Gove does have a very punchable face.

😕 You’re kidding me……..why would anyone want to punch this face ?

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Same as the NHS pension fund which has also been reviewed. For many years the NHS pension fund has been in surplus with more being paid in than taken out.

You’ve been called on this before TJ, but you trotted it out again – the NHS pension scheme is unfunded, it doesn’t not have a fund, it has never had a fund,

do you understand this concept, *there is no fund and never has been a fund* it is a pension scheme

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

*there is no fund and never has been a fund*

yes, but it has always been in surplus

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Zulu – its you that as usual has no idea at all what you are drivvling on about.

What I said is absolutely true.

For decades and still now each year more is paid in pension contributions than is taken out. This surplus has been used as revenue by the exchequer rather than being invested or saved. So if the scheme goes into deficit in the future then its only fair the exchequer makes up the deficit as the exchequer took the surplus. Bit like an employers contributions holiday leaving a fund in deficit.

The NHS pension is affordable, sustainable and reasonable. Its nasty envious selfish types that want to destroy one of the small bonuses of working for the NHS.

Reducing the pensions will not save money as more people will end on benefits.

Tiger6791

He looks like pob

Once again, that is all, carry on…

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

. So if the fund goes into deficit in the future …

What fund?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

edited.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member

Zulu – its you that as usual has no idea at all what you are drivvling on about.

Calm down TJ. Zulu-Eleven like his guru Dan Hannan, hates the NHS ’cause it’s not designed to make a profit, and wants it replaced with the American model. And like his guru, he will tell a pack of lies to undermine it.

Zulu-Eleven’s guru Dan Hannan telling lies about the NHS on Fox News :

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiSPRkq28iU[/video]

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I know Ernie – and usually I just ignore him as I feel it best.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

I take it you mean true apart from the existence of an NHS pension fund, which wasn’t true, because, well, there isn’t one, agreed?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

And here we go again. Another STW thread descends in a mire of tedium as the usual suspects blather on at each other ad nauseum.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Which could so easily be avoided if TJ would just accept, just the once, that he was wrong 😉

Now then – back to the core of TJ’s defence – the answer was succinctly laid out by someone else last week:

So what! The actual issue is whether the people currently contributing are contributing enough to cover future payments.

C’mon TJ, tackle that one! 🙂

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Another STW thread descends in a mire of tedium ……

What you on about Flashheart ?…….I thought what started off fairly low-key, is hotting up nicely.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Zulu-Eleven, you’ve taken being wrong up to professional level.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

C’mon Ernie – play the ball…

How’s about you forget the childish ad hominem attacks and argue the point like an adult – is TJ’s argument factually supportable or not?

Its a simple question!

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Surely not another thread ending in TJ pwned???

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

So what! The actual issue is whether the people currently contributing are contributing enough to cover future payments.

Is completely irrelevant. Firstly there is an employers contribution, secondly there is the fact of the billions that the government has had in cash from the scheme thirdly there is the contractual obligation fourthly there is the fact the scheme has been revised to make it sustainable for the future.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

C’mon Tim!!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Oi! Don’t encourge him -or me…………….. 😳

julianwilson
    Free Member

bikebouy – Member

Repeated thread, you know, the one that got closed down a few days ago..

I liked this thread when it was still about parents blacklegging a teachers’ strike. And to a lesser extent whether the good parentfolk of STW will be more annoyed about their children missing a day of education or their parents missing a day of free ‘childcare’*. (*wording of the chap the government wheeled out on radio 4, not necessarily my opinion).

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Zulu-Eleven – Member

C’mon Ernie – play the ball…

How’s about you forget the childish ad hominem attacks and argue the point like an adult

Like I’m going to fall into the trap of trying to argue the point like an adult with you *rolls eyes*

And I have no issues with you being gay btw, so I don’t know where you got that from.

project
    Free Member

If they do go on strike on Thursday, will there be a teacher
    with a whistle,
    one or two with files or clipboards,
    one with a tie half way down his shirt,
    one wearing a tight tracksuit(male or female)
    quite a few with name badges turned the wrong way so you cant identify them,
    one who thinks theyre the leader,
    one whos got a megaphone,
    one with patches on his elbows,
    and a few who look to young to be teachers,

Because every day thats what hangs around outside our local school, along with a police officer.

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Whether or not the parents have been CRB checked is an utter non-issue.

Even if they have been CRB checked for something else, they’d have to be CRB checked again by the school and that could take months.

I was CRB checked in April 2008 for my current position (I was unable to start until July of the same year, such was the wait). I was then CRB checked again for a voluntary job in December 2008 and again in June 2010 for a different voluntary job.

If I wish to move to another job within a different department of my employer’s parent organisation, I would need to be CRB checked once again.

Oh, and I also have to be CRB checked when I begin a course this September.

I can only assume that whoever it is that first suggested concerned parents could step in and help, has had no experience of the insane world of CRB checks.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Because every day thats what hangs around outside our local school, along with a police officer.

And presumably you too taking notes ?

project
    Free Member

I cant get out of our drive because of all the above and parents cars parked all over the road, something the teachers dont seem to be bothered about.

AD

And once again The Daily Mash gets it spot on…

Parents to break Michael Gove

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I cant get out of our drive because of all the above and parents cars parked all over the road

Ah I see. Still, it gives you an opportunity to take notes so that you can have an informed opinion concerning what teachers get up to.

alpin
    Free Member

firstly that dan hannan is a cock. what the **** is he doing bad mouthing the NHS and the way that “newsman” lapped it up was laughable.

the NHS is one of the greatest institutions the UK has. i’m in germany where there is no equivalent of the NHS. the system here is much like the US one excpet that you must pay into a scheme. the cheapest, most basic option is 145€. i’ve friends who pay over 600€/month for a private scheme. if i were to get hit by a car here i’d end up in hospital, but recieve a massive bill at the end of it as i’m (don’t tell anyone) not insured, despite the fact it wasn’t my fault.

if the same happened to my GF in the UK she’d come out of hospital and that would be the end of it. proper scandel.

never bad mouth the NHS…!!!

secondly, the issue of CRB check is irrelevent. you could still be a peado even if you have a clean CRB, just a peado who hasn’t been arrested or charged with being a peado.

and the teachers are taking a day off, whether it is due to striking or they want a jolly down the pub, it is still a day off.

Junkyard
    Free Member

dont disagree re hannan or NHS

Secondly, the issue of CRB check is irrelevent. you could still be a peado even if you have a clean CRB, just a peado who hasn’t been arrested or charged with being a peado.

well it wont catch everyone [ just like the police] but are you saying it serves no purpose? It was introduced to prevent Ian Huntley type incidents.
    I would prefer to not leave my children in the “care” of non CRB cleared strangers tbh. I suspect it would be illegal if they were not cleared.

Viewing 33 posts - 81 through 113 (of 113 total)

The topic ‘mr gove’ is closed to new replies.