Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Mr Ed the Red
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

After all that sychophantic arse-licking of the Ratzinger creature by CallMeDave, to suddenly find out that EdTheRed is an atheist, makes me warm to the stupid bug-eyed bullshitter, strangely enough…

Jamie
    Free Member

You do know that you don’t have to share every thought that scuttles across your synapses Mr Woppit.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

But he still has an inane grin like Blair and Brown before him.

Don’t trust the grin I tell ya.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I don’t trust any of them.

David Milliband went up in my estimation for his comments to Harriet Harman though.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

So he’s just making mileage out of his family “Jewish hiding from the Nazi menace in the second world war”. I thought the “look at me, I’m persecuted” was a bit wierd for a Labour leaders first speech.

Still looks too much like Wallace. Needs a plasticine re-work.

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

How were you expecting Cameron to treat the Pope, exactly?

Spinning bird kick?

Like it or not, he’s the Prime Minister which involves having to interact with other statesmen/faith leaders. At least he isn’t Blair who lacked the guts to follow his instincts and convert to Catholicism until after he’d left office.

As for the new leader of the SS Titanic Deckchair Rearrangement Committee, nobody cares.

MrSparkle

The only Milliband brother I like is the musical one – Steve…

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

As for the new leader of the SS Titanic Deckchair Rearrangement Committee, nobody cares.

have the tories got a new leader? i thought they were waiting until after next year’s election?

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

#

have the tories got a new leader? i thought they were waiting until after next year’s election?
    Posted 59 seconds ago # Report-Post

You’ll be able to hit your target weight once they stop your benefits.

😉

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Jamie – Member
    You do know that you don’t have to share every thought that scuttles across your synapses Mr Woppit.

Why not? Doesn’t seem to stop you.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

MrSparkle – Member

LOL

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Yes – but what IS a “pompitance” of love, exactly? 😆

Sorry, just “scuttled” across my mind, like…

Bregante

😆 😆

MrWoppit
    Free Member
    nickc

Despite the fact that no-one really seems to know what Ed Milliband stands for, every-one knows that Tony Blair wanted the other one to win, so the fact the Ed’s now in charge must have driven him mental. This alone makes him worth voting for as far as I’m concerned.

chewkw
    Free Member

He has a funny look. 😆

bassspine
    Free Member

it’s not a pompitance it’s a pompitous

MrWoppit
    Free Member

So, what’s a “pompitous” of love, then?

uplink
    Free Member

it’s not a pompitance it’s a pompitous

he’d have heard it correctly if his speaker cables had been on the right way around

MrWoppit
    Free Member

You’d have made more sense if you knew how to punctuate.

bassspine
    Free Member

according to the NME:

Debate has raged as to the meaning of “pompitous” ever since Steve Miller coined it in the 1973 song ‘The Joker’ (“Cos I speak of the pompitous of love”) – although the fact that it is manifestly not a word didn’t stop Miller from brazenly re-using it, in the song ‘Enter Maurice’. Still, at least it’s better than “zig-a-zig-aah”.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

What a pillock.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/11433582

Just be clear. Are you going to march alongside them or not?

I said I’m going to go to the rally, which is what I said in the campaign.

Beyond that, that’s all I’ve got to say.

What I am saying to you, because I think it’s really important to focus on the big issues..”

What a canute.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

bassspine – Member
    according to the NME:

Debate has raged as to the meaning of “pompitous” ever since Steve Miller coined it in the 1973 song ‘The Joker’ (“Cos I speak of the pompitous of love”) – although the fact that it is manifestly not a word didn’t stop Miller from brazenly re-using it, in the song ‘Enter Maurice’. Still, at least it’s better than “zig-a-zig-aah”.

Ooh, I don’t know. I think I’d much rather Zig-A-Zig. Especially with that Posh one…

MrWoppit
    Free Member

bassspine
    Free Member

well maybe then, but now it’d be like shagging a box full of coathangers

RepacK
    Free Member

The Millibands remind me of the these two..

kimbers

i like him because hes looks like a geek

its a bit pointless really unless the condems do something really stupid labour wont have much of an impact in even the next election
    who knows by the time they get in again they may have tried on as many leaders as the torries did in opposition

the coalition seems quite capable of holding itself together on the simple basis that to stay in power either party will have to concede some of their prinicples and vote with the whips,
    staying in power>sticking to your ideals

meanwhile liam fox & callmedave are having a spat about defence funding
    personally i think fox leaked the letter himself and has called in the millitary police to investigate his civil staff because hes a bit of a nutter
    http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/52ac1236-cb52-11df-95c0-00144feab49a.html?ftcamp=rss

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

he’d have heard it correctly if his speaker cables had been on the right way around

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

It wouldn’t be the Military Police as it isn’t a matter specific to the British Army, it’ll be the MOD Police.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he did leak the documents though, politicians can’t help briefing against each other. Especially in the absence of a credible opposition.

Sancho
    Free Member

I dont know much about him or what he stands for, however I wouldnt trust anyone who is prepared to shaft their own brother, also he was put into place by the unions, David got the majority vote of Labour members and politicians, but the union block vote rode rough shod over all that, so they get a new stooge.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I dont know much about him or what he stands for ………. but the union block vote rode rough shod over all that

You don’t know much about how the leader of the Labour Party was chosen either……..there was no “union block vote”.

Still, don’t let “facts” get in the way of an ill-informed rant.

Sancho
    Free Member

really, then you do understand how the union votes work

El-bent
    Free Member

Unions again. 🙄

Hardly threatening these days are they? The bods in the city of london put unions in the shade when it comes to professionally bringing a country to it’s knee’s.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Bastards.

Sancho
    Free Member

Just to quote the BBC
    “Under Labour’s three-way electoral college, David had won the most support from party members and MPs. Ed had won only among trade unions and the so called affiliated societies of think tanks and interest groups.”
    The fourth round results show that ed was clearly supported by the unions and David was supported by the MPs and members.
    David Miliband 49.35 (17.812 from MPs and MEPs, 18.135 from members, 13.40 from unions and affiliated societies)

Ed Miliband 50.65 (15.522 from MPs and MEPs, 15.198 from members, 19.934 from unions and affiliated societies)

Im not ranting, or ill informed, I do know how the electoral college works.

uplink
    Free Member

really, then you do understand how the union votes work

As a member of a union & paying the political levy, I was given an individual vote to cast as I saw fit, no block vote on my behalf

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Oh whell.

At least the Racist Hypocrite came last. Good. Rubbish, this one.

Sancho
    Free Member

Ok forgive me for using a term that is a bit tabloid, its just that no major union voted against the endorsement set out by its leaders, in the case of UNITE and the GMB this endorsement went out with the ballot papers, but as only 10% or less of you voted then apathy again wins the day in UK politics.

Markie
    Free Member

@nickc I don’t think Blair is the kind of man who really gives a damn about anyone but himself… he’ll think about the proceeds of his last speaking tour and forget all about the Millibands!

@Mr Woppit Thank you!

@Kimbers I reckon he has a great chance at the next election… unemployment high, interest rates high, economy either still in trouble or just beginning to come good and a voting public who in general won’t remember who was responsible for the mess in the first place. Leaves the way open for Ed.

Coyote
    Free Member

I wasn’t keen on any of the candidates, but I feel that the best man won. Diane Abbot was deluded in thinking she had a chance and I suspect she may have just been on an ego trip. Milliband snr and Balls are basically Blair-lite and Brown-lite respectively. Andy Burnham I warmed to but I do think that Milliband jnr is a good choice. He seems his own man and I can’t see him being in thrall to the media circus and worshipping fame and fortune as B-liar was or being as bloody-minded as Brown was.

Time will tell. I am cautiously optimistic and look forward to the first PMQs with interest.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Mr Ed the Red’ is closed to new replies.