Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Mr Atherton is quite quick…
  • juiced
    Free Member

good footage. Nice to see the front wheel in shot too. ie what line he took.

nuke

Yeah, enjoyed that…good vid

mandog

Nice run

Rorschach
    Free Member

Not as quick as a certain Mr A Gwyn…who will have the overall sewn up with one round to go!!And only a fool would bet against him at the worlds.

martinxyz
    Free Member

It doesnt do anything for me.what i mean is.. the lens on these cameras doesnt give me any idea of the speed hes going.The speed he appears to be crossing the line for instance.One second its hyper speed,the next hes at a complete stop.

Its the same with all these go pro type vids.poor riders pootling along in the saddle on their local trails can make themselves look rapid with them.Sometimes when a rider is just pulling up to a stop, the image appears to be blurring as if its still filming at around 15-25?!mph.

ashfanman
    Free Member

It doesnt do anything for me.what i mean is.. the lens on these cameras doesnt give me any idea of the speed hes going.The speed he appears to be crossing the line for instance.One second its hyper speed,the next hes at a complete stop.

Safe to assume that he was going plenty quick.

I agree it’s sometimes hard to get an accurate sense of speed on those cameras, and also of the steepness/gnarliness of the trails. They always end up looking pretty flat and easy, to the point where you watch it and think “yeah, I could do that”. But the reality is that very few people could ride that track at anywhere near that speed.

PJM1974
    Free Member

pfft!

If I had one tenth of his commitment going through those rocky sections, I’d be a very happy man.

I can’t make a 160mm ego compensator do down our local woods what a kid on a Spesh Hardrock does.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

That course looked a bit crap. Not much more that a rutted grassy hillside.

portlyone

Watching Peaty do it while talking to camera was eye opening!

martinxyz
    Free Member

Atherton is obviously hammering it in this but at full throttle its still unnatural to the eye.

_tom_
    Free Member

That is bloody quick. The course doesn’t look as techy as some of the others but I guess it’s one of those ones with motorway sections you’re meant to go flat out down!

If Gee qualified third, I want to see a headcam of whoever came first 0_0

Northwind

portlyone – Member

Watching Peaty do it while talking to camera was eye opening!

Greg Minaar at Fort WIlliam’s good

“Nearly crashed there!”

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Mr Atherton is quite quick…’ is closed to new replies.