Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)
  • MPs and that pay rise….
  • miketually
    Free Member

Its a shitload more than I get in my high technology private US.org working in London, plus your annual leave is massively more than mine.

And how does the salary compare? Maybe you should be a teacher?

How does your pension compare to that of an MP?

(On page 2 you worked in the public sector?)

miketually
    Free Member

Oh, and I’m not paid for all of my annual leave.

footflaps

@footflaps austerity is the least bad option, it’s not a cure for all ills I don’t think anyone has said that it was.

You’re obviously not a Keynesian economist.

You can’t cut your way to growth.

Kryton57

I work FOR Public sector.

But none of the rest matters Mike so I won’t comment on it, because I’m only interested in my own affairs and can’t be bothered worrying or stressing myself to death over those earning more / less than me. in fact I. The short period of time I’ve only been concerned with what I have and not what I haven’t, life has become far richer than I thought it might as recently as a year ago.

DT78
    Free Member

Not sure why we are teacher bashing and comparing salaries – the point was, as mentioned above, people voted for austerity.

I didn’t see the small print where austerity applies to the rest of the civil service but not the MPs who are trying to push through a juicy pay rise at the start of the new term?

It is hypocritical. If they believe austerity is the right policy they should lead by example rather than come across as selfish and ignorant at best, or simply not giving a shit what the public think.

anagallis_arvensis

But none of the rest matters Mike so I won’t comment on it,

Thats is truely **** brilliant. You moan at mike that his salary and pension should be considered, then whine that his pension is much better than yours but refuse to to even discuss a rough idea of salary… classic expert wriggle.

Sadly 36.9% of the voting electorate disagree with you and chose more austerity as the cure to all our ills!

Sadly true

Kryton57

But AA – I didn’t moan. I merely pointed it out. My apologies if the word “shitload” implied a moan, it wasn’t intended to.

Drac

Its a shitload more than I get in my high technology private US.org working in London, plus your annual leave is massively more than mine.

I’m only interested in my own affairs and can’t be bothered worrying or stressing myself to death over those earning more / less than me

😕

Kryton57

Drac, there’s a difference between posting a comment and worrying about Mikeactually’s compensation package. My comment was reflective on his Teacher vs everyone else bias. I’m only pointing out that I work in an industry which has the reputation of high financial reward whereby he successfully demonstrated several area of benefit greater than I receive. Thus countering his own argument, if you assume he values those this over and above cash on his pocket.

Would i like ore annual leave and a bigger pension? yes. Am I jealous of Mike? No. *shrugs*

anagallis_arvensis

I’m only pointing out that I work in an industry which has the reputation of high financial reward whereby he successfully demonstrated several area of benefit greater than I receive. Thus countering his own argument, if you assume he values those this over and above cash on his pocket.

Keep wriggling!

Kryton57

Ok well, seeing as you seem to want to believe whatever it is you want to believe, no point in me continuing here. I’m out of this one, t’ra.

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

WTF…the organisation that is forcing austerity onto sections of society that did nothing in the first place to bring about the need for austerity..then give themselves a decent pay rise…

How on earth can one think that is acceptable?

anagallis_arvensis

Wriggle, wriggle, flounce. Loving your work.

ineedabeer
    Free Member

Well put edenvalleyboy

miketually
    Free Member

WTF…the organisation that is forcing austerity onto sections of society that did nothing in the first place to bring about the need for austerity..then give themselves a decent pay rise…

How on earth can one think that is acceptable?

To be fair, even Cameron is saying that the past rise is wrong. Though he’s apparently powerless to do anything about it.

onehundredthidiot

I’m sure the boss (Cameron) can do something about it if he wanted to.

As for paying for the best MPs, what about paying for the best teachers nurses doctors firemen soldiers police. Or is it ok that they are second rate?

Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)

The topic ‘MPs and that pay rise….’ is closed to new replies.