Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • MP3 players again… AAA battery powered?
  • hungrymonkey
    Free Member

so my creative MuVo 1GB has been great, but its 8 yrs old and is held together with parcel tape.

looking for something around 8GB, without any software requirements (drag and drop), which is powered by AAA batteries…

moon on a stick?

i try to keep all my electronics running on AA or AAAs, as i find when i am traveling i hate to take chargers with me – mobile is a necessity, but i can keep it as just one largely.
    i can easily take spare AAAs with me too – i was out in japan a couple of years ago where i'd be away from anything concrete (and therefore containing plugs) for 3-4 days at a time – hence i'd not be able to charge things. this is they type of thing i tend to do when i can, hence liking AAAs or AAs.

long post, but anyone know of any???

off to the pub, but will check back later!

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I got an iRiver for the same sort of reasons- a T10 I think. It takes AAs but IIRC some of the others took AAAs.

Only thing is mine is only 1GB, which was the biggest at the time- this was a few years ago though so maybe they're doing bigger ones now.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

hmm, some seem to take AAAs, but their site isn't so good – few of them seem to be more than 2GB. will look some more…

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

not many good one left around these days. Its generally only the cheap rubbish that has removable batteries anymore.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I have a nice sandisc with a removable AAA battery, but it's fairly basic and the battery dies in a couple of hours. My other halfs sansa clip lasts 10+ hours on a single charge, it's amazing, I'd not go back to aaas. But a hand charger if you need to charge on the move.

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

My daughter has a 2gb iRiver T60 that runs on AAA's I think she would sell, so if that's of any interest let me know

She couldn't find anything over that capacity that ran on AAA's and bought an 8gb Sony Walkman instead

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

thanks guys, and thanks for the offer.

unfortunately looking at 8-12 GB, so i guess i'll have to go down the integrated battery route 🙁

Olly
    Free Member

ive got a tiny little creative zen stone+.
    its the size of a pebble, and is charged off USB, which is more than convenient enough i find. its a universal standard assuming you can get near a computer.
    battery lasts LOADS longer than an AAA one, can literally last all day.

you can also get wind up torches with power outputs for charging, and B type USB is the most common type i think.

mushrooms
    Free Member

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/nws-a-series/nwz-a818

The battery life of this is really good, and it charges from a PC usb port so you would only need to carry a wire.
    The sound quality/headphones are great too.

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

That's the one my daughter has and its great, got one myself too

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

"assuming you can get near a computer."

No need, just have a usb/mains adapter.

alpin
    Free Member

i bought on of these for biking/boarding. it costs about a fiver on ebay and takes upto a 2GB memory card.

there isn't a shuffle function; it simply plays the songs in the order you have set them out on the card. battery life is good though, with a 2700amh rechargable lasting for ages (20 hours plus sometimes). i bought a sony charger including 4 AA and 2 AAA batteries for ~20€. good investment i reckon.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘MP3 players again… AAA battery powered?’ is closed to new replies.