Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • MP3 Player
  • mikey74
    Free Member

I need a new mp3 player for less than £100. If it doesn’t have external micro SD storage, then a minimum of 16gb. If it does have a micro SD slot, then 2-8gb would suffice.

Any suggestions?

jamiep
    Free Member

sansa clip+

can be had for about £30 (if I recall)

glenp
    Free Member

I have been doing a lot of browsing on this subject recently, and the stock answer to this question does indeed seem to be Sansa Clip – v inexpensive, quite tough, small, big capacity, good sound – plus it has a radio (which I would appreciate).

I also ran across Colorfly C3 though, which can be got for £75 ish on ebay import – apparently extremely high quality and certainly a bit different. This one is as-new [/url]

Decent set of ‘phones to add to that – Brainwavz R1 are supposedly excellent.

Not that I have any direct experience of any of that, but I have invested/wasted a lot of time looking into and reading between the lines of reviews.

mikey74
    Free Member

I looked at the Sansa Clip and to be honest they really do not inspire. My last couple have been San Disks and I was looking for something a bit different.

glenp
    Free Member

Check out the Colorfly then Mikey.

Amazon £149, but you can get them for half that.

prawny

Sansaclip for me. Although I use my phone almost all the time now, but the sansa really is very good.

mikey74
    Free Member

I had a quick look Glen: The review I found said the interface was rather poor. Is that your experience?

glenp
    Free Member

My experience runs only to fairly extensive reading reviews etc – interface, extra features etc all very basic or non-existent on the Colorfly. Build and sound quality are fantastic though, supposedly.

For my own part I decided that additional stuff such as internet services (Spotify, online radio etc) and browsing/video were attractive enough to make me wait until I can get an iPod touch, but if sound quality on my own tracks were number one and only priority I think I’d try the Colorfly.

mikey74
    Free Member

Unfortunately the one I found on ebay is from America and I need it by Friday as I go on holiday on Saturday.

mikey74
    Free Member

Just ordered a Sansa Clip. I don’t have time to order from Hong Kong or the US. It’ll do. It’s not as if I use it that much these days: I just want it for the flight to Canada.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘MP3 Player’ is closed to new replies.