Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • mp3 mixing software
  • slimjim78
    Free Member

I’m getting married later in July and am charged with arranging 3 or 4 hour long music mixes to play on an iPod system hooked up to a PA system, between the band I have arranged.

I love my music and have spent months hand picking my favourite tracks, and hopefully tracks that people will enjoy dancing to, without the need for cheese/ABBA/Gloria Gaynor et al.

I’m working on some 80’s , some soul/funk , rock etc, but really want a system that will automatically mix the tracks for me without it sounding like a car crash.
    Is there anything available on iPod thats foolproof? or can I get hold of some software that’ll do it for me then upload to iTunes etc?

I have very little knowledge of what my iPod is actually capable of so please be gentle

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Virtual DJ for ‘live’ mixing or Mixmeister for arranging things on screen in front of you, listen, edit, listen etc etc. There are better options than vdj but the free one should do you proud.

slimjim78
    Free Member

so with mixmeister i could pre-mix the whole lot, and save as one long mix to replay at a later date?

Klunk
    Free Member

can’t you just create a playlist in itunes and use that ?

martinxyz
    Free Member

I have just been letting automix play a few things on the Djay Iphone app. Not sure about it doing longer mixes though.

grum
    Free Member

Don’t be a tight arse and get a DJ? People are much more likely to dance to a good DJ, just sayin.

slimjim78
    Free Member

can’t you just create a playlist in itunes and use that ?

of course, but you realise it will sound/flow much better if mixed?..

Don’t be a tight arse and get a DJ?

I have to presume you’ve never paid for a wedding before?
    Besides, I have a live band playing two sets, and they are in charge of the music bewteen sets, I just hand them what I want played.
    My close friend paid good money for a DJ to play the music he specifically wanted.
    He got about 20% of what he wanted, and a load of shite too.

Trampus
    Free Member

My close friend paid good money for a DJ to play the music he specifically wanted.

So you are close friends with a pillock.

slimjim78
    Free Member

he can be, yes.

nice bloke though

Klunk
    Free Member

of course, but you realise it will sound/flow much better if mixed?..

you can add a crossfade of upto 12 seconds on playback and auto balance the sound levels by just checking 2 buttons.

llama

you can add a crossfade of upto 12 seconds on playback and auto balance the sound levels by just checking 2 buttons

Yes thats all there is to mixing, it’s a big con that all DJs are in on, shhhhh don’t tell anyone

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Virtual DJ is your best bet. Load the songs in and set it to do an automix. It won’t be perfect, but with a bit of prep setting the cue in and out markers it should be decent.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Try Mixxx

Klunk
    Free Member

Yes thats all there is to mixing, it’s a big con that all DJs are in on, shhhhh don’t tell anyone

cos that’s exactly what I’m suggesting. I just wouldn’t spend my time hand mixing 60 odd songs into a single mp3 and I think a play list is less painful to deal with both in creation and on the day (skipping tracks, alternatives playlists if its not going down too well, repeat requests etc etc).

slimjim78
    Free Member

thanks guys, all good advice

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘mp3 mixing software’ is closed to new replies.