Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 362 total)
  • MP shot and stabbed in Birstall, W Yorks
  • yunki
    Free Member

this whole bit about comparing the guy to Islamic extremists is a red-herring

Yes he has been influenced by far right hate groups like Vote Leave, UKIP, EDL and Britain First, but he doesn’t appear to have been influenced by Christianity

STWs resident right wing nutjobs need to think a big bit harder

mt
    Free Member

that picture above. Which is the worst sentiment of the two messages on the respective banners?

Junkyard
    Free Member

the racist one.
    HTH

Oddest and easiest question of the day

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Probably the one in the foreground. Not sure why those other chaps have a banner saying ‘One Messi, One Goal’ for, as he scores loads.

jimjam
    Free Member

mt

that picture above. Which is the worst sentiment of the two messages on the respective banners?

Junkyard

the racist one.
    HTH

Oddest and easiest question of the day

I would have said the one that inspires people to kill is probably the worst.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

the racist one.

Are you sure it’s not “One message on God” ?

Claiming that Jews, Christians, and Muslims, all share the same one God sounds a bit inflammatory to me.

Clover

I live in a nearby borough and was devastated at the news. The only thing that keeps occurring to me is that Jo Cox was one of the best things about Yorkshire, murdered by one of the worst.

We have our share of intelligent, compassionate, energetic people who want to make the world a better place.

We also have an alarming number of people obsessing about how much better their lives would be if x or y could be eliminated. Some of them have guns.

RIP Jo Cox.

I’m not sure what to do, but ‘build bridges not fences’ keeps going through my mind.

outofbreath
    Free Member

“far right hate groups like Vote Leave”

😀

rkk01
    Free Member

There’s nothing in that Islamic message that should be controversial, surely?

My atheist’s perspective is based on the understanding that the Judeo-Christian-Islamic tradition is a continuum? Where you get off defines which one you inhabit? You know, three prophets, one God

somafunk

😯 Ex BNP member Jack Buckby states he is going to stand for election in Batley and Spen seat, what an odious little worm

Odious creep talks utter shite.

dannyh
    Free Member

Ex BNP member Jack Buckby states he is going to stand for election in Batley and Spen seat, what an odious little worm

Anyone know how much a barrel of tar and a kilo of feathers costs these days?

somafunk

If that boils your urine then on no account should you visit the Liberty Party homepage, some of the comments are bile inducing.

rkk01
    Free Member

“far right hate groups like Vote Leave”

Not sure it’s fair to paint VL as “far right”, but they’ve certainly added to the debate in a way that has allowed more hateful messages to gain “legitimacy”, including Farage / UKIP

outofbreath
    Free Member

“Ex BNP member Jack Buckby states he is going to stand for election in Batley and Spen seat”

Given the circumstances I suspect he might find it a bit of a challenge.

El-bent
    Free Member

STWs resident right wing nutjobs

need to think a bit harder

An oxymoron if ever I’ve heard one.

dannyh
    Free Member

El-bent – Member

STWs resident right wing nutjobs

need to think a bit harder

An oxymoron if ever I’ve heard one.

Chuckle.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/dead-murdered-labour-mp-batley-and-spen-by-election-bnp-politician-jack-buckby-a7089966.html

saying the Labour Party has “blood on its hands” over the politician’s death.

What sort of halfwit comes out with a comment like that ?

Presumably one who also claims that he left the BNP when he discovered that it was racist.

However, Mr Buckby left the BNP, citing concerns that the party’s views had become “racist”.

I wonder how long it was before Mr Buckby started to become concerned that the BNP might be racist.

dannyh
    Free Member

I wonder how long it was before Mr Buckby started to become concerned that the BNP might be racist.

Perhaps he mulled it over whilst doing his paper round?

rkk01
    Free Member

saying the Labour Party has “blood on its hands” over the politician’s death.

Confused. Can someone explain for the hard of thinking 😕

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I think you’ll find that the neo-nazis in our midst are claiming it’s the Labour Party’s fault that Jo Cox was murdered. That’s what they seem to be saying on Stormfront.

I guess that it’s similar to the claim that you can’t blame the Nazis for gassing Jews, it was their own fault for being Jewish. And believe me some people will argue that.

rone
    Rockape63
    Free Member

article dated Tuesday 21 June 2016 …..do try and keep up!

rone

Why was it in this thread?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Well I hadn’t seen it before. He should be expelled permanently

outofbreath
    Free Member

This answered a few questions for me, maybe it will for someone else:

Some footnotes to the conviction of Thomas Mair

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member
    jambalaya
    Free Member

Yeah, very rock and roll.

Tom-B
    Free Member

How are Bobby Gillespie’s comments related to Jo Cox? Not that I’m defending what he said, I just think that Jo Cox getting murdered is one subject, and the singer of a has been band making a ridiculous comment at a gig a different subject entirely.

chakaping
    Free Member

You want to see something really disgusting relating to Jo Cox?

Makes me feel physically sick for this country.

tjagain

Tory policy that would put him out of the house

Tom-B
    Free Member

^Saw that on facebook a few weeks ago. Just staggering that that is what mainstream journalism can be nowadays! A journalist inventing a hypothesis, then using 100% conjecture to justify it!! #posttruth politics indeed….what an era we live in!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Tory policy that would put him out of the house

Any sensible housing policy is based upon need. He didn’t need a 3 bedroom house. He should have been in a 1 or 2 bedroomed property.

outofbreath
    Free Member

“Any sensible housing policy is based upon need.”

This.

You can’t provide every single bloke in the country a 3 bed house, nor should we.

tjagain

unfortunatly there are almost no 1 beds and very few two beds. Why – because for decades social housing providers have been told by the government to concentrate on 2-4 bed properties When the bedroom tax was first proposed in hull (IIRC) some tens of thousands of people had “spare bedrooms” and according to the tories should move to one bed properties. How many 1 bed properties were there? under 30.

All I was pointing out is a logical inconsistency in the mail story

Of course he didn’t need the house and sensible housing policy would have him in a smaller property. Unfortunately they simply are not available

ulysse
    Free Member

Gotta agree with TJ, I been thumping that tub since New Labours bedroom tax, LHA, and thumping it even louder since IDS and Lord Fraud (typo deliberate) upped the anti

ninfan
    Free Member

unfortunatly there are almost no 1 beds and very few two beds

Homeswapper shows 58 one and two bed properties up for swap within five miles of Birstall, I have no doubt that there will be loads of people in overcrowded 2 beds that would love a three bed.

ulysse
    Free Member

Then build more f**** 3 and 4 beds.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Interesting.

“Humour” or “hate speech”? Such a fine line, apparently….

Klunk
    Free Member

that wail story is completely bogus, he would have had a secure tenancy living there for 40 years, the council/HA could only evict him if he was in breach of his tenancy agreement e.g. anti-social behavior/rent arrears. Probably why they asked him if he would like to move. The Mp would have told him the same.

igm

I think his behaviour qualified as anti-social.

Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 362 total)

The topic ‘MP shot and stabbed in Birstall, W Yorks’ is closed to new replies.