Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)
  • MP claims homeopathy can cure Autism.
  • Junkyard
    Free Member

Have you mastered the blank glazed expression 😉

martinhutch

There’s usually no need. They tend to let us know….

You can just have a ‘suggestible idiot’ code to input onto their patient record then. Like an updated version of NFN or TEETH written on the notes.

dirksdiggler
    Free Member

Where do probiotics and the treatment of gut flora fit into the homeopathic spectrum?
    There have been studies undertaken that suggest intense antibiotic use in children may be a cause of autism due to the removal of ‘good bacteria’ from the body.
    Addressing abnormal gut flora may be considered by some as a plausible treatment.. perhaps this was what sparked his suggestion?

docrobster
    Free Member

Have you mastered the blank glazed expression

Oh yes…. 🙂

neilwheel
    Free Member

Addressing abnormal gut flora may be considered by some as a plausible treatment.. perhaps this was what sparked his suggestion?

Some propose fecal transplants and bleach enemas as autism treatments too. He is just cuckoo woo woo.

dbcooper
    Free Member

PS to all you rationalists and pro science types. You should consider making a donation to the Good Thinking Society who are forcing judical review of local Clinical Commisioning Groups who spend NHS money on homeopathy and other woo.
    I feel strongly about this, if you do too, for the price of a round in the pub you can make a difference. (or less if you wish)

https://www.justgiving.com/Good-Thinking-Society-Appeal

AndyRT
    Free Member

Just caught this thread. Piss currently boiling. Please point me towards the cretins, I have a need to let them recognise their own failings.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

That’s a few of us buggered then!

edlong
    Free Member

Awhiles, I have some sympathy with your position, we do over medicalise what aren’t medical problems at all.

Social issues-debt, poor housing, domestic violence, family breakdown, drug abuse, alcohol abuse, childhood abuse, executive stress, status anxiety, etc all conspire to present people with problems that aren’t diseases in the medical sense. Society’s solution is to send them to see me, the GP.

My preferred solution would be to look at the cause of their problems rather than support an industry whose main method of operation is to hoodwink people into believing that the can be cured by quackery.
    And yesterday I gave the parents of a troubled kid a leaflet for a (non nhs) provider of alternative therapies, relaxation, reiki etc, because there is nothing else I can do about the fact that dad left 4 years ago and doesn’t send a card at birthdays etc.

so yes it’s a problem.

and social prescribing may be (part of) the solution?

Gotta be a better road to go down that water-with-a-memory anyway…

konabunny
    Free Member

Anyone remember the Horizon homeopathic pharmacology experiment?

Wouldn’t it be enough if just one of us remembered all of it in the past, but now only remembered a bit of it?

wombat

Wouldn’t it be enough if just one of us remembered all of it in the past, but now only remembered a bit of it?

Genius 😆

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Everything we flush down the loo ends up in the sea, diluted, so don’t swallow the tiniest drop of seawater: you’ll have an overdose.

Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘MP claims homeopathy can cure Autism.’ is closed to new replies.