• This topic has 54 replies, 42 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by owain.
Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Ex-MP booby-trapping trails?
  • PJM1974
    Free Member

I’ve got nothing against the guy having issues with sexuality or a differing view on how mountain bikers behave, but I’m massively prejudiced against anyone in politics, in particular a New Labour MP of that era.

So I can only conclude that he is a massive throbber.

I can only hope that he gets to engage in a reasoned exchange of views with mountain bikers sometime and is given the opportunity to challenge his own views on the subject.

dannyh
    Free Member

I can only hope that he gets to engage in a reasoned exchange of views with mountain bikers sometime and is given the opportunity to challenge his own views on the subject.

That’s one of the real arts of the narrow-minded NIMBY, though, isn’t it?

Avoid putting yourself in situations where you actually have to justify your views or actions in a reasoned atmosphere. Far easier to provoke confrontation then claim that any subsequent comments are ‘aggressive’ and ‘confrontational’. Many NIMBYs adopt this approach.

dannyh
    Free Member

If the local riders are re-naming tracks, how about “Imaginary Badgers” as another one?

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

coffee meet keyboard….

Bugger. Tea meet keyboard.

neilthewheel

Maybe he’s hoping one of the riders hits a log and jacks off over the bars in front of him.

acidtest
    Free Member

Ron’s NoTubes.

ctk
    Free Member

Imaginary badgers effing brill 🙂

taxi25
    Free Member

Well it’s a real shame 🙁 I’ve spoken to Ron a few times whilst out on the MTB and always found him very polite and friendly. People I know who’ve worked for him rate him very highly as well. I can only think his mental state isn’t as it should be. But he does live in the area of the trails mentioned and probably walks his dogs in the woods daily. I certainly hope his experiences of mtb’ing recently hasn’t caused his change of attitude.

gwaelod
    Free Member

Confused by NRW here…..and if someone is laying traps why aren’t SouthWales police e involved.

IdleJon

Tonight on the news Davies is claiming that he was actually moving a boulder out of the way – it wasn’t me, guv.

And then he let slip that extreme sports shouldn’t be practiced in an area with vulnerable wildlife. Always with the badgers, Ron?

(Conveniently ignoring the fact that the only reason he’s there is so that his dog can leave toxic waste everywhere.)

dannyh
    Free Member

So, does what the bloody hell he likes, gets caught out, then lies about it when asked to face up to his actions. There’s a pattern developing here. He might as well invest in a scribbly tattoo of the word “sorry” on his hand, it will save writing it every couple of years when he fibs about something he is bang to rights on.

The main issue is that his tosspot-ish actions will embolden other tosspots to act similarly. As with everything, it’s best we just stay under the radar. Once someone establishes that there is a ‘problem’ (there isn’t actually one), then the news will carry stories about ‘problem mountain bikers’ and the ‘mountain biking issue’. We may even become a ‘scourge’. What it is is all a smokescreen for is NIMBYs who think they own the countryside. They cannot stand the thought of people enjoying the outdoors unless they are on foot.

I love the idea of them renaming local trails, though. People like Davies deserve to be mocked.

copa
    Free Member

I enjoy the challenge of trundling over a few new obstacles.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

What it is is all a smokescreen for is NIMBYs who think they own the countryside.

Don’t be so mean about dog walkers

dannyh
    Free Member

Apologies for the American spelling, obviously.

owain
    Free Member

Hey all, caught on to this post a little late I guess. I’ve been involved in a group that are in talks with NRW about the possibility of an official trail in this area. Early days but there’s a petition which if you could support that would help quantify user numbers and support for the proposal. https://www.change.org/p/natural-resources-wales-recognised-mountain-bike-trails-in-caerphilly Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Ex-MP booby-trapping trails?’ is closed to new replies.