Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 130 total)
  • moyles to leave breakfast show
  • Pook

apparently he’s off in September. I for one find him quite amusing, but I know there’s others here will be celebrating….

cynic-al
    Free Member

this isn’t about the Today programme, is it?

boltonjon

So, it’ll be about 2018 before he turns up on Radio 2?

Pook

no al, this is about what he’s leaving, not where he’s going ;o)

organic355
    Free Member

If this twunt takes over the breakfast show I will be cancelling my licence fee and selling all my radios.

I personally dont mind Moyles, but detest Mills!!!

Pook

+1

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I’m sad he’s leaving radio 1, as I don’t listen to it.

At least you knew where he was…

Pigface
    Free Member

I dont mind him, he is an ego maniac but the others seem to rein him in a bit. Cant stand Chris Evans so no idea what I will be listening to when he is replaced.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I find the first 30mins or so of Moyles quite a good listen, will be a shame if he does go.

So is it just rumour or actually in black and white some where?

donsimon
    Free Member

Judging by the reaction to him, he must be good at his job. Good luck to him.

cynic-al
    Free Member

LOL as if he’d get on Today!

FuzzyWuzzy

Quite like listening to him on my morning commute, although it is only 15 minutes. I bet comedy Dave is bricking it. Wonder what he’s off to do next, all his TV stuff is dire.

1981miked
    Free Member

I thought it was a wind up… But not to so.

Not a fan of Chris Evans either so no idea what I’ll be listening to either, can’t stand Radio 1 after Moyles show.
    Normally switch it to Talksport.. Maybe have to listen to Brazil as of September.

Agree with Mills, not a fan. I don’t want a lot of music in the morning, I want chat and a laugh.

djglover
    Free Member

Jesus, about time. This dinosaur has been on the drive time or breakfast show since I was in my early 20’s, and thats about 15 years

he’s an idiot

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Stream this Instead Actually listen to a radio over here in Oz 🙂

binners

I agree completely with Teetosugars. As someone who’d rather hack my own ears off with a blunt Stanley knife than listen to one syllable spew forth from the mouth of that moron, this is deeply disturbing news.

When he was on radio 1 I was as likely to encounter him in my daily life as I was a mermaid riding a unicorn.

Now I live in fear of the thoughts going through the mind of the BBC management meeting that concluded that putting George Lamb on 6 music would be a great idea 😯

therag
    Free Member

I always tune in for the first hour, find him amusing.
    Fiver on Greg James to be his replacement please.

theredchili
    Free Member

least I won’t have to listen to him telling every body he talks to how much weight he’s lost and how good he looks !

thepurist

djglover – yep I saw his smug, self satisfied vizog appear on the F1 coverage at the weekend and thought he looked a bit long in the tooth to be ‘down wid da kidz’.

Won’t make a jot of difference to me though… I doubt he’ll pop up on 6 as AIUI he spends more time talking (about himself) than actually playing music.

binners

and thought he looked a bit long in the tooth to be ‘down wid da kidz’.

😆

Shibboleth
    Free Member

My money is on Nick Grimshaw. They’re announcing his replacement at 10.30am…

Cougar

Quite like the show these days.

When he first started he was an obnoxious twunt and I couldn’t abide him. Once he’d worked out that he could put a show together without abusing everyone else around him, it turned into quite an entertaining programme.

It’ll be interesting to see who replaces him. They should poach Radcliffe back from R2. (-:

timc
    Free Member

I reckon moyles will be on capital at some point 🙂

binners

I live in hope he’s been offered a lucrative contract in Australia maybe?

Mooly
    Free Member

It’s all about 6 music TBH. It can`t come onto main stream radio quick enough(FM).
    Moyles was OK for a while but nowadays the combination of the same old tired jokes and the atrocious music drives me insane. Needless to say I don`t listen to him. Mills is so much worse though.

binners

What amazes me is that people who have escaped the clutches of puberty listen to Radio 1. You live and learn

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I live in hope he’s been offered a lucrative contract in Australia maybe?

King Herrod in Jesus Christ Superstar the musical apparently!

I reckon moyles will be on capital at some point

Much as he could probably name his price I don’t think it would work so well if he had to do adverts, part of his appeal is that he can talk for almost an hour straight, I don’t think that would transfer to the talk for 30 seconds, play arecord, 3 min of adverts, repeat format.

Jesus, about time. This dinosaur has been on the drive time or breakfast show since I was in my early 20’s, and thats about 15 years

he’s an idiot

Scary fact, the only thing with more listners was Terry Wogan, so ………….

Drac

Since 2004 but don’t let facts get in the way of hate.

I don’t mind him and can see why people don’t like him but it’s grow stale over now so yeah probably time he moved on.

monkey_boy
    Free Member

before you all start i have my rose tinted specs on, im more of a radio 2 man these days, radio 1 hurts my ears.

anyway moyles gave me a few chuckles if im being honest in the early years but then climbed up inside his own a**se – you couldnt beat chris evans in my eyes.

jfletch
    Free Member

Gonna miss Chris in the mornings. Has been part of my routine for 8 years and I can’t stand R2 or commercial radio. Chris and Dave should just start a daily podcast. Charge £1 a month to subscribe and if they get 10% of the listeners they get today they would be minted.

Grimshaw taking over may be a good guess.

If it is that cretin Mills then I may have to cut my ears off. Would be a strange move from the beeb though as he is just as old as Moyles.

FuzzyWuzzy

What amazes me is that people who have escaped the clutches of puberty listen to Radio 1. You live and learn

What amazes me is the sanctimonious drivel spouted by some people

Drac

I take it that means those that don’t are still in puberty, explains a lot.

clubber
    Free Member

I enjoy CM and Scott Mills’s shows which I’m well aware makes me somewhat of a minority as a 37 1/2 year old 😉

My wife likes them too as it goes. She’s not quite as old as me though…

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Grimmy is far more entertaining and affable than Greg James. I can see no other reason that they’d have left him on a late night show whilst James and Cotton get plum daytime slots unless they are saving him for the breakfast show…

As for Mills, he’s on a downward curve, I doubt they’d have moved him from drive time to the early afternoon graveyard shift if they had big plans for him. They’ve always been battling to get younger DJs with enough experience to front the big shows.

CaptJon
    Free Member

It is a shame as i like him.

The replacement will be announced at 10.30. Greg James has just moved to drive, so would he move again to Breakfast? I hope Grimshaw gets it.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Just announced, it is Grimshaw:

T4 presenter Nick Grimshaw will replace Chris Moyles as the host of the Radio 1 breakfast show later this year.

Grimshaw is set to be unveiled as the new host of the flagship programme in a Radio 1 Newsbeat bulletin at 10.30am on Wednesday morning. The length and value of his deal is not yet known.

He replaces Moyles, who announced his departure live on air today and will step down in September after more than eight years on the breakfast shift.

Grimshaw has beaten the widely-tipped Greg James to the post. The latter was only recently installed as the new drive time DJ, replacing Scott Mills.

Grimshaw joined Radio 1 in 2005, fronting its youth strand Switch and currently presents a two hour late night show from Monday to Thursday which offers “future pop with a night-time twist”.

A second Radio 1 show sees him co-hosting the Sunday evening 10pm to midnight slot alongside Annie Mac.

The Oldham-born 28 year-old also presents for Channel 4 as a regular on its youth strand T4 and host of The Album Chart Show and live fashion magazine series Style The Nation in June.

Grimshaw’s appointment chimes with Radio 1 controller Ben Cooper’s mission to attract more listeners under the age of 30 to the station.

http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/radio/nick-grimshaw-to-replace-chris-moyles/5044247.article?blocktitle=Top-Stories&contentID=2298#.T_1Dpk3iCpU.twitter

smogmonster

Wow, the only person worse than Grimshaw on Radio 1 is Huw Stephens. Well its goodbye to R1 for me, nothing but utter shite, apart from Moyles these days. I can cope with Mills, but the rest are just turgid.

Absolute Radio it is, unless Moyles gets a show on R2. This is the worst news since Mark + Lard left.

Cougar

Is he the one that sounds like Tim Westwood Lite?

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I wish I’d had a tenner on that! 😉

therag
    Free Member

Glad I still got my fiver 😉
    I think grimy is the camp sounding one

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 130 total)

The topic ‘moyles to leave breakfast show’ is closed to new replies.