Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Moving to Surrey – advice please
  • aP
    Free Member

I can’t believe that anyone would think of driving from Headley to Peaslake.
    There’s loads of riding, both pretty much on your doorstep, and half an hours ride away.

Scamper
    Free Member

Yes, we are looking forward to the move having been in Brum for 6 years now – neither Brum nor Surrey is where we want to settle down long term but you never know. Looking forward to the riding if what I’ve found on You Tube for Ranmore is anything to go by. In fact the trails I recognised I think from a Banshee Demo Day vid which has been posted on here a few times?

Will shortly be purchasing deck shoes and designer jumpers to drape over my shoulders to fit in. 😉

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Will shortly be purchasing deck shoes and designer jumpers to drape over my shoulders to fit in

there’s not many places you would fit in looking like that…

jambalaya
    Free Member

@Scamper I believe the Banshee day was organised by Nirvana, look them up on Facebook I recall they posted a bit and there are some regulars who post ride videos on Vimeo. Strava heatmaps are your friend too. IMO a lot of the best stuff is hidden away (deliberately) it’s not a trail centre after all. There is tons of good xc and “xc plus” too on bridleways etc.

EDIT: not everything is Surrey Hills videos but many area from the area, not all the riding is jumping either (fortunately for me)

Dan H on Vimeo

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Will shortly be purchasing deck shoes and designer jumpers to drape over my shoulders to fit in
    there’s not many places you would fit in looking like that…

Waitrose, 1st sunny day in March.
    Got baggy beige shorts?

danbo
    Free Member

You can’t go wrong with Surrey Hills for riding! Mickleham, Ranmore, Norbury and East Horsley all have some great trails, and as everyone has said you are not far from Leith, Holmbury and Peaslake by either ride or car.

Nirvana is a great first stop for people new to the area. Their rides take in a lot of the Leith hill and Ranmore area and they know all of the trails. Jumpy freeride practice loop on Saturday and a slightly more XC loop on Sundays. Great to get to know people and the trails.

Then for Peaslake you have Pedal and Spoke who know those hills as well as anyone. Both great bikeshops with great people. And I’m not employed by either!

Scamper
    Free Member

Just to update, actually moving to just outside Chobham, so a little further north, but close to Swinley. Seems a nice area but need a Range Rover now to blend in. Tracked down the village bike shop which stocks Intense. Any trails to be had on Chobham Common?

brooess
    Free Member

Any trails to be had on Chobham Common?

I started MTB there back in the mid-nineties. My drivetrain was gone within 3 months from the grinding it got from all the sand… It’s also very flat

skaifan
    Free Member

Not much riding on chobham common. It’s very sandy and flat. You’re not far at all from swinley, and there is plenty of riding at tunnel hill/ deepcut. This is the military land around Pirbright. This would be 6 or so miles from chobham. Peaslake is about 30-40 minutes drive. Not a bad place to be, just not so much on your doorstep.

Scamper
    Free Member

Ah a pity, although used to sand from Cannock chase!

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Moving to Surrey – advice please’ is closed to new replies.