Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Moving to Bergen: Mountain biking? STW'ers?
  • myfatherwasawolf
    Free Member

So, I'm moving (permanently) to Bergen on Friday, although it'll probably be a couple of weeks before I have my bikes with me (living in temporary apartment).

I have ridden there a little, near Ulriken and a few other spots but don't know it well. Any STW'ers over there? Where's the good riding? Any clubs?

Cheers, MFWAW

willsimmons
    Free Member

No chance, billy no mates.

Not quite sure what sort of trails you're after (probably towpath) but having had a look for a touring trip I would recommend having a look on this website for cycle maps:

http://www.castorforlag.no/

The other thing I would suggest is getting GPS, mine has been pretty useful even in my local area and means you can do a 'new' ride with minimal map faffing.

Amy chance of a farewell evening/afternoon ride this week? Tomorrow?

tangent
    Free Member

I ride around Olso…and met some riders from Bergen last summer, I think they were in a club?…sorry that's a bit vauge!

Post a message on the Norweigan mtb website,

http://terrengsykkel.no

The section about organising group rides etc. is called 'Utflukt'
    (Google translate is useful for understanding). Goodluck!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    willsimmons
    Free Member

I should have added that GPS can be integrated with Google Maps, as in you can plot a route seen from Satellite and then follow it on the ground easily. You probably know a lot more about this stuff that I do but I thought I'd say it anyway!

myfatherwasawolf
    Free Member

Cheers Tangent, useful info.

Will – ygm

doof_doof
    Free Member

Bergen is bloodly lovely – very jealous.
    Sorry, can't add anythng about mtb trails as we were only walking, but there must be some spectacular trails on Bergens doorstep.

myfatherwasawolf
    Free Member

I think it might be a case of getting the maps and out and exploring – which is fine by me! You wouldn't be jealous if you were in the middle of the moving chaos that I'm in (that's why I'm on STW obviously) 😆

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Moving to Bergen: Mountain biking? STW'ers?’ is closed to new replies.